Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Springbord +

• 15-09-2020 10:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭

Hey all.

Lost a job last year before the pandemic and decided to take a couple of months out to get some much needed home improvements out of the way.

The pandemic then hit so I have been struggling to get back to work. I have started a springbord course well until last night and a lovely hot cup of tea went all over the laptop.

I am broke and up-to my eyeballs with the credit union at this point so cannot finance a new one anywhere.

Does anybody know of any scheme or grant available to part time students ? similar to the cost of education allowance ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Try your local branch of St. Vincent de Paul. They may be able to help you out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

piplip87 wrote: »
    Hey all.

Lost a job last year before the pandemic and decided to take a couple of months out to get some much needed home improvements out of the way.

The pandemic then hit so I have been struggling to get back to work. I have started a springbord course well until last night and a lovely hot cup of tea went all over the laptop.

I am broke and up-to my eyeballs with the credit union at this point so cannot finance a new one anywhere.

Does anybody know of any scheme or grant available to part time students ? similar to the cost of education allowance ?

Try the institution you are doing the Springboard coarse with, I am doing one and in navigaiing the registration the past few days I did see something about laptop scheme through Sligo IT, as that's who I'm with. So maybe contact a student advisor somewhere if you don't find anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭SourSessions

You could check out the Exceptional Needs Payment from the Community Welfare Officer but I'm not sure if it would be applicable. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Mc123

You should check with the college you are attending, there's a new laptop loan scheme for students. I'd get on it quick tho might take a while to get the laptop depending on the amount of applications.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭piplip87

Tha is guys for all your help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Advertisement