Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions about WFP

Options
  • 11-09-2020 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭

If a woman is claiming Jobseeker’s Allowance and she’s getting an increase for her partner (increase for qualified adult) and increases for her children. Well if her partner gets a low paying full time job, can she keep claiming jobseekers as she is still unemployed or is she not entitled to it considering her partner is working? A bit confused about this can anyone explain?
    In the case she is not allowed claim anymore, can she claim working family payment or is she not entitled to claim off her partners job? The main jobseekers claimant was the woman and not her partner. Would her sole income be from her partner or how does it work? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Your would now be means tested against his earnings ,you won't be entitled to wfp because your not employed ,your partner could if he meets the criteria.

See below

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/social_welfare_payments_to_families_and_children/family_income_supplement.html

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭sallyanne12

Gatling wrote: »
    Your would now be means tested against his earnings ,you won't be entitled to wpf because your not employed ,your partner could if he meets the criteria

Thanks for this. My partner will be working full time in low paid job so guessing we won’t be entitled to JSA. Would he be able to claim WFP considering he wasn’t claiming JSA (he was on my claim as an increase just)...

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Thanks for this. My partner will be working full time in low paid job so guessing we won’t be entitled to JSA. Would he be able to claim WFP considering he wasn’t claiming JSA (he was on my claim as an increase just)...

he can claim wfp provided his income does not go over the allowed income determined by your family size.
    He will be allowed 60% of the difference between the recommended allowance and his actual income.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

he can claim wfp provided his income does not go over the allowed income determined by your family size.
    He will be allowed 60% of the difference between the recommended allowance and his actual income.

This table shows the maximum household income allowable for WFP, which varies with the number of children:-

WFP income limits from 9 January 2020

One child €531
    Two children €632
    Three children €733
    Four children €834
    Five children €960
    Six children €1,076
    Seven children €1,212
    Eight or more children €1,308

If you qualify for WFP, you get a minimum of €20 per week.

Advertisement