Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ratched [Netflix]

• 15-01-2019 12:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,594 ✭✭✭✭

Nurse Ratched

Ryan Murphy Sells Nurse Ratched Series Starring Sarah Paulson to Netflix
    Ryan Murphy and Sarah Paulson are together again, with Netflix ordering a series that will explore the origins of “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest” character Nurse Ratched, Variety has confirmed.

Netflix has given the series a two-season, 18 episode commitment. It begins in 1947 and will track Ratched as she morphs from an average nurse into the monstrous authority figure she became in the novel and subsequent film. Paulson will star as the infamous nurse, with Murphy attached as executive producer.

Along with Murphy, Michael Douglas, who produced the film, will also serve as an executive producer. Aleen Keshishian, Margaret Riley and Jacob Epstein of Lighthouse Management & Media will also executive produce. Evan Romansky, who created and wrote the project, will co-executive produce. Paulson will produce along with Paul Zaentz from the Saul Zaentz Company. The Saul Zaentz Company controls the rights to the film. Fox 21 Television will produce. Murphy is currently under an overall deal at 20th Century Fox TV.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/ryan-murphy-nurse-ratched-series-sarah-paulson-netflix-1202549559/

Charlie Carver, Judy Davis, Harriet Harris, Cynthia Nixon, Hunter Parrish, Amanda Plummer, Corey Stoll, Sharon Stone and Finn Wittrock join

https://tvline.com/2019/01/14/ratched-cast-sharon-stone-ryan-murphy-netflix-prequel/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭ClydeTallyBump

Release date announced. September 18th.

Set in 1947, 15 years prior to the film. 8 episodes in total.

Very interested to watch this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

will nurse Ratched be making dolphins noises?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,594 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,905 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Trailer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,320 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

This looks interesting but last couple of Ryan Murphy shows have been fairly poor imo...Hollywood and second season of the politician...

• Advertisement

Drops in 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

I am so excited for this ever since hearing about it a few months back.

Watched the Final trailer the other day mind you and it looks like I'll be scared shoiteless :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Watched the trailer and I have to admit ,those patients are well scrubbed up considering the environment they’re in,I’ll cautiously approve this series methinks!!!!!!

Watched the first couple of episodes, It looks visual really good and it's well acted something just feels off.

I'll give it time anyway they is enough there to finish of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

Weird...can't say I am really enjoying it much...

• Advertisement

It just feels like another average American Horror Story installment, not really grabbing me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,678 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Only starting the second episode but the AHS overtones are strong - I'll hold my opinion on it for now as it's not a terrible show, but will see where it goes. Paulson is always a strong lead

Can Ryan Murphy not find any other actors for the other shows he does? Always seems to pull from the same pool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭smilerf

This was all over the shop

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

The women are the main characters, I don't know why the male actors are getting top billing on the promotional stuff.

Yeah one episode in, it's alright so far, nothing that captivating. They're trying to do something stylistically and it's overdone, trying to get that tone like Breaking Bad had. Going in heavy with the soundtrack but it's not really working.

Might give it another go this weekend if I get a chance to watch the telly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

Stopped watching after 3 episodes, too weird for me..

It seemed another program where they didnt know how to finish it. Just like Bly Manor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,320 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Just finished 3 episodes.
    It's really camp and OTT and looks amazing but story isn't grabbing me at all I am done I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Piehead

Is this any use at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭smilerf

Piehead wrote: »
    Is this any use at all?
    it's watchable at best

• Subscribers Posts: 41,860 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Piehead wrote: »
    Is this any use at all?

Think AHS without the horror.

Its Visually impressive, if a little light on plot.

And it has Sharon stone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,678 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Just after starting to watch Run with guess who - Sarah Paulson

Does this woman ever stop working? Some 60 acting credits in 20 years and you can certainly say she has not been typecast

Paulton confirms no 2nd season

Advertisement