Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best town to stay in West of Ireland, specifically in between Ballina and Tuam?

Options
  • 19-07-2017 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hello people!
    My husband and I are relocating to our dream destination Ireland :angel: :heart: We would be working in 'Ballina' and 'Tuam' respectively.
    We did a lot of googling but unable to find a good place to stay (with good connectivity, peaceful, good market to buy daily stuff and very importantly good frequent bus services as we won't be having our own car as of now).
    It would be great if you can suggest us where we should stay to reach on time to our offices (by 9:00 AM) by commuting through the bus?
    Thank you very much. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Probably your best bet would be Castlebar, maybe Swinford.

Sites like http://getthere.ie/, http://www.transportforireland.ie/ should show you bus times.

Claremorris has pretty good transport links and is a nicer town than Castlebar

According to get there.ie there is no early way from Claremorris to Ballina.
    Equally there is no early way from Castlebar to Tuam.

Your options are limited.
    You might be able to live in Castlebar and change busses or train in Claremorris.

The network won't be very well geared for commuting like that.

Similarly you might be able to live in Westport and change busses or trains in Claremorris, your husband would be changing train in Manulla.

Getting back in the evening seems even harder.

I think you will have to buy At least one car very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 irish.dreams

Thank you very much for the help! 
    Which path should my husband follow to reach Ballina from Claremorris (we are thinking to stay at Claremorris) by 9:00 AM around?
    We are ok to change bus and train until we get a car for ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Chisler2

Thank you very much for the help! 
    Which path should my husband follow to reach Ballina from Claremorris (we are thinking to stay at Claremorris) by 9:00 AM around?
    We are ok to change bus and train until we get a car for ourselves.
    You could probably arrange car-shares quickly enough if its a matter of weekday commutes.  You would need  to first establish exactly where you will be living and secondly what the regular commuter pattern from that place to Ballina and Tuam is like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 yesnow

You can get the train from Claremorris to Ballina (change at Manulla Junction)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭flazio

yesnow wrote: »
    You can get the train from Claremorris to Ballina (change at Manulla Junction)
    Time table PDF. Doesn't look like theres anything heading that direction in the morning.
    http://www.irishrail.ie/media/10_dublin-westportballina_valid_from_20.11.2016.pdf

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement