Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light recommendations

Options
  • 19-09-2020 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to pick up a front light for my road bike. With the evenings getting darker I want to get something good as I'm on a lot of unlit roads.

There's loads of options on Amazon around £20, does anyone have any recommendations before I pick a random one?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    I'm looking to pick up a front light for my road bike. With the evenings getting darker I want to get something good as I'm on a lot of unlit roads.

There's loads of options on Amazon around £20, does anyone have any recommendations before I pick a random one?

Cheers

Halfords have a good one for around 50€ - you will need to spend a bit if you want to light up roads, most cheaper lights are more for being seen than allowing you to see on completely dark roads

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Halfords have a good one for around 50€ - you will need to spend a bit if you want to light up roads, most cheaper lights are more for being seen than allowing you to see on completely dark roads

That’s the one I have, it’s 1600 lumen, you can put in on 250 which is perfect for road use And it will last over 9 hours.

https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-accessories/bike-lights/halfords-advanced-1600-lumen-front-bike-light-253334.html

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Use the search. There's a big ol' thread on it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Aldi have their bike stuff in next week. They have front and rear lights which are absolutely excellent. I bought them last year, they’re significantly brighter and better than the Leyzene 450XL front light and rear strip light I had before. I’ll be buying another set of them this year to have as spares.

• Advertisement
Advertisement