Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social housing reassesment

Options
  • 19-09-2020 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi all.
    Can anyone give me some feedback on my topic.
    My family are on the cork city council housing list for almost 9 yrs.

We have only been reassesed once in this time about 6 or 7 yrs ago.
    I recently bid on a house on the cbl website and contacted the council by post about our housing need.
    I also have a local councillor making representations on my behalf.

I got a letter for reassesment last week and quickly sent it back to the council with all the relevant documentation required.

I'm wondering has anyone on here been reassesed right before being offered a council house or am I being overly anxious?
    Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

I’m in a council house. I was on the waiting list 11 years, was never reassessed, just contacted my them to make sure I still remain eligible. The only time I contacted them was to add children. Local representatives are utterly useless.

I received my first offer after 9 years, had to turn it down due to the next door neighbour being known to myself and my wife, a chequered history. It was 2 years before the next offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Wifey82

I’m in a council house. I was on the waiting list 11 years, was never reassessed, just contacted my them to make sure I still remain eligible. The only time I contacted them was to add children. Local representatives are utterly useless.

I received my first offer after 9 years, had to turn it down due to the next door neighbour being known to myself and my wife, a chequered history. It was 2 years before the next offer.

Thanks for your reply.
    I agree most part on the local rep being useless.
    I was phoning the ccc allocations department for weeks and finally got through to a lovely lady who told me the name of just 1 councillor (s.f)who had contacted them on my behalf.none of the other councillors even bothered even though they said they did.
    11 yrs is a long wait!!!!
    We were told 5 yrs wait almost 9 yrs ago.

I'm just trying to figure out are we being considered for a house as they are checking is we are still eligible.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,789 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

It's actually reassuring that most politicians aren't interfering in the housing process.
    They really have no business doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

It's actually reassuring that most politicians aren't interfering in the housing process.
    They really have no business doing so.

I was thinking the same reading the above posts about the representatives being useless. They have no business interfering in this at all and I am glad to hear they didn't.

Ludo wrote: »
    I was thinking the same reading the above posts about the representatives being useless. They have no business interfering in this at all and I am glad to hear they didn't.

They do interfere and I know of a few phone calls that were made. No particular party, its all parish pump politics

• Advertisement
Advertisement