Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst/Best Radio Ads rerun edition!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Lloyds Pharmacy ad, 'to borrow a famous phrase, Winter is coming' .
    Eh? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,799 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

"Dont you forget about me"
    Ad for music industry ireland Covid 19...any time I hear the start of the ad... I think its the current Heineken Covid 19 ad or an ad for an upcoming Simple Minds concert.

Maybe a different track could have been used?

What is the point of this ad? Is it give money to starving musicians or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,838 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Lloyds Pharmacy ad, 'to borrow a famous phrase, Winter is coming' .
    Eh? :confused:

Painkillers for the Same Ol' Groans.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Lidl baby promotion for your "babbies" :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Lidl baby promotion for your "babbies" :mad:

Oh god, this one. He says it so many times as well.

In other news, I quite like the return of the Supermac's jingle. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

It does have that nostalgic 80s feel! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,554 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

If only ‘Homestead‘ would follow suit, even the version as gaelige was class.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Oh god, this one. He says it so many times as well.

And hats off to Pat McD for getting uillean pipes into a radio ad

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Another Ad that beats me is a rare one, exclusively in Irish, on RTE in which the only recognisable word - to me - is Brexit which appears once near the end. What's that about? :confused:

Did Supermacs staff still have to pay for their own uniforms back then too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Is that craig doyle in the male/female dublin accents, Covid ads?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Tuirleach and the peddle bin on his head? What is going on? Why is that ad not just clear and concise? boggles the mind - its not funny

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Covid ad:
    Dublin accent:
    "In the miiiaaaan time"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

Home Instead Senior Care - the most stomach churningly patronising and cynical ads on radio.

"Home Instead Senior Care to us it's personal"...yeah personal profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

I hate that quote devil insurance ad. It's the f*cking jingle i hate. The voices mainly.
    I don't even know what they're singing.

That Bank of Ireland Mortgages ad is back..................."we'll meet you in a coffee shop or that little slice of Ireland you call home".....but that's the whole point of the meeting - if I need a mortgage its because I don't have a home!!!

Apparently Bank of Ireland will apparently meet you "Annie where, Annie time" ???? Who's she?

And you can just imagine ringing up the bank - assuming the branch has somebody to answer the phone and that you're not put through to a call centre - and suggesting that they send somebody down to O'Reilly's bar to discuss a mortgage with you. :rolleyes:

There's another homemade, steam powered, Ad running at the moment for de facto shaving oil https://www.defactoshave.com/ The Ad is very worthy - the product name off the wall and then the poor fool (owner?) spells out de facto in case the great unwashed can't understand such a catchy name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

Del.Monte wrote: »
    There's another homemade, steam powered, Ad running at the moment for de facto shaving oil https://www.defactoshave.com/ The Ad is very worthy - the product name off the wall and then the poor fool (owner?) spells out de facto in case the great unwashed can't understand such a catchy name.

Wordy? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Del.Monte wrote: »
    And you can just imagine ringing up the bank - assuming the branch has somebody to answer the phone and that you're not put through to a call centre - and suggesting that they send somebody down to O'Reilly's bar to discuss a mortgage with you. :rolleyes:
    The banker would probably order the priciest thing in the bar and make you pay for it, to top up their new fees policy

• Advertisement

That Bank of Ireland Mortgages ad is back..................."we'll meet you in a coffee shop or that little slice of Ireland you call home".....but that's the whole point of the meeting - if I need a mortgage its because I don't have a home!!!

Apparently Bank of Ireland will apparently meet you "Annie where, Annie time" ???? Who's she?

The saccharine sweetness and repeated use of Bank of ARR-land grates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭Dickie10

its that awful, awful creature "comedian" Maeve Higgins. shes very annoying. one of theses 40 year olds that acts and as if shes still 24 in college or something, all daft and giggly and throwing in the word "random" every few mins.

............"we'll meet you in a coffee shop or that little slice of Ireland you call home".....but that's the whole point of the meeting - if I need a mortgage its because I don't have a home!!!

Doesn't make any sense unless a BOI manager will come out to meet you in your parents' house or some small time landlord's mouldy shoebox.

The idiot in his “crevasse” trying to find his Tax accountant as his Tax returns are due. FFS...what an eejit !
    (What advertising company creates these stupid ads? They’re not funny or smart...its a tired formula)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

The red cow hotel and their 'you can social distance comfortably' line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭lolie

The one for the OTB sport app is really grating on me now.
    I like Kevin kilbane but there's only some many times i can hear him say he's gonna slap Cesc Fabregras.
    Also the Now tv ads with Robert Webb as the tv are really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

EZ Living furniture are using an audio track that is very similar to the old Sean O'Rourke theme/'Black Magic' by Little Mix.
    Not to mention the overused stock audio of children laughing.

NO.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Smyths UK copy ads.

Most UK companies wouldn't use such a dissonant clanging UK VO in Ireland; but an Irish firm seems to think its fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Hate those KFC ads with the Dublin girl. Is "stop the lights" a thing people say in Dublin? I've never heard it in my life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

L1011 wrote: »
    Smyths UK copy ads.

Most UK companies wouldn't use such a dissonant clanging UK VO in Ireland; but an Irish firm seems to think its fine!

A thousand times yes. Hate those ads made in / for the UK and aired here. Top of my list is Now Tv :mad:

Advertisement