Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part Time been Reduced

Options
  • 08-09-2020 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Friend of mine works 2.5 days per week- it's in a business effected by the Pandemic and her hours have been cut to 1.5 days per week. She's not even sure if this will be temporary or not if things pick up.
    My question is- is she entitled to claim Jobseekers for this one lost day? I "think" she is but I'm not 100% sure. I assume it would be pro rata of the weekly allowance?
    If so would she get back pay? She's very easy going and wouldn't go looking for this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

road_high wrote: »
    Hi all,

Friend of mine works 2.5 days per week- it's in a business effected by the Pandemic and her hours have been cut to 1.5 days per week. She's not even sure if this will be temporary or not if things pick up.
    My question is- is she entitled to claim Jobseekers for this one lost day? I "think" she is but I'm not 100% sure. I assume it would be pro rata of the weekly allowance?
    If so would she get back pay? She's very easy going and wouldn't go looking for this.

She is entitled to claim - but that doesn't automatically mean that she'll get it!

There is no way that the payment can be backdated unless she can put forward a convincing case as to why she didn't claim it immediately after her hours were reduced.

Advertisement