Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair Going from Brown to Blonde

Options
  • 02-09-2020 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I think this is my first post here and it's a strange one.

When I was a child I had bright blonde hair which turned dark brown in later years. In the last few months I have noticed that parts of it are turning blonde again.

Anyone else experience this?

No, I'm not bleaching it or anything of the sort :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,178 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Have you had a lot of exposure to the sun lately, that can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Have you had a lot of exposure to the sun lately, that can do it.

I have but I wouldn't have thought it was enough to cause this and haven't had more than normal exposure to sun as opposed to previous summers. I'm not complaining but just wondering why the hell it's happening now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

I was the same-I looked like one of the children from Village of the Damned until I was about 10 before going brown. Have you been getting less frequent haircuts since the lockdown? There might just be more of it getting exposed to the sun-I noticed what's left of my own is lighter.

sabat wrote: »
    I was the same-I looked like one of the children from Village of the Damned until I was about 10 before going brown. Have you been getting less frequent haircuts since the lockdown? There might just be more of it getting exposed to the sun-I noticed what's left of my own is lighter.

Yes, much more less frequent haircuts actually. Since lockdown I've had 2 cuts. Normally I used get it cut once a month. Kind of liking the length hence why I'm not getting it cut as often.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Ar you sure it's blonde and not *whispers* grey

• Advertisement

noby wrote: »
    Ar you sure it's blonde and not *whispers* grey

That's what I thought but I've been assured by several people that it's blonde.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Mmmmmm mmmm mmmm mmmm....

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭turbostan

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

Clap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Could be the sun, I’m quite ginger in winter but over the summer it gets much lighter the more time I spend in the sunshine.

It’ll probably darken again now we’re going into winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Yes, much more less frequent haircuts actually. Since lockdown I've had 2 cuts. Normally I used get it cut once a month. Kind of liking the length hence why I'm not getting it cut as often.

That'll be it.

Before you were getting the Sun induced blond bits cut off and the new growth was brown. When you weren't getting it cut as frequently more of you hair was in it's sun induced blond state.

• Advertisement

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

I'm not down with TGC lingo...what's this about?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

I assume it's a crash Test Dummies reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I'm not down with TGC lingo...what's this about?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Godeatsboogers

My cousin was worried about going bald but a barber told him his hair was just going blond, in fact, he was going bald

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

I used to go blonde in sunshine. Decently dark brown in winter. But bald now so that's the end of that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Have you become ditzy.

Advertisement