Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eufy Security Cameras/Doorbells

Options
  • 31-08-2020 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is done already but..

Anyone got Eufy indoor cameras or doorbell? I'm so mighty impressed with my 30c vacuum cleaner and even more impressed with Eufy's aftersales service. I thought I might give their security stuff a go. I guess its relatively new to the market.

I have a Ring camera and I'm massively disappointed in it. NO integration with Alexa despite being the same company! Picture quality is pretty poor and even on the lowest lowest sensitivity, my small (tampon) dog sets it off and so does the 30c when it's cleaning the house!

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

sumo12 wrote: »
    Sorry if this is done already but..

Anyone got Eufy indoor cameras or doorbell? I'm so mighty impressed with my 30c vacuum cleaner and even more impressed with Eufy's aftersales service. I thought I might give their security stuff a go. I guess its relatively new to the market.

I have a Ring camera and I'm massively disappointed in it. NO integration with Alexa despite being the same company! Picture quality is pretty poor and even on the lowest lowest sensitivity, my small (tampon) dog sets it off and so does the 30c when it's cleaning the house!

TIA

I switched from the Ring doorbell to the Eufy video doorbell (battery) and find it much better. It picks up things far quicker and comes with the Homebase 2. All the recordings are stored locally and the homebase acts as a chime and the doorbell and cam connect through that. There's a bit of a delay with talking to someone through it but not unmanageable. Also has Google Home and Alexa integration. I just installed one of their battery cams in my side passage as well, haven't really had a chance to check it's responsiveness but the picture is good. They both use AI to filter out false alerts and only show humans, although at night time the cam turns off the AI so that anything moving around will alert you.

One very irritating thing is that Eufy promised integration with IFTTT but then completely reneged on it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,968 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Security-Wireless-Battery-Powered-Detection-Self-Installation/dp/B081VD7VVZ?ref_=ast_sto_dp

Do you get the choice of hardwired or battery powered when you receive the unit? I thought they had two separate product lines for this. What's the battery life like?

I have been wanting to get a video doorbell for a while but as a Google house the price of the doorbell & then installation on top of that had put me off. I didn't want to get a ring as I have two hubs and a Pixel 3 so wanted integration with them.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Security-Wireless-Battery-Powered-Detection-Self-Installation/dp/B081VD7VVZ?ref_=ast_sto_dp

Do you get the choice of hardwired or battery powered when you receive the unit? I thought they had two separate product lines for this. What's the battery life like?

I have been wanting to get a video doorbell for a while but as a Google house the price of the doorbell & then installation on top of that had put me off. I didn't want to get a ring as I have two hubs and a Pixel 3 so wanted integration with them.

The one you linked to is the one I have, it's battery powered but I think it can also be connected to an existing doorbell power outlet. There's a dedicated wired one as well. I think that came out first. I haven't really got a sense of the battery yet because I've been messing with it loads but my initial impression is that it isn't as good as the ring. I do tend to run mine at the highest settings though and it never bothers me to plug it in for a few hours now and then

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭sumo12

How does it come off to charge? Is there a tool like for the Ring? I'm thinking of how easy it might be for a scumbag to nick it...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Been planning to buy one of these since the 2nd gen came out. Just got a Google home hub, anyone got experience when the integration?

• Advertisement

It's basically got a a tool that looks like a giant sim ejection tool that you use to clip it out. I think the odds of someone stealing any smart doorbell are pretty low though, especially as they become more ubiquitous. I think the consensus around scumbags is to generally give them a wide berth.

Integration with Google is good. The initial loading takes a second but then the stream is good. Don't think you make it ring on the Google Hubs/Nests though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Yes. I have the Eufy Security Wireless Video Doorbell (Battery-Powered) which I actually hardwired in and also a few of the Eufy 2c cameras around the external of my house.

They are all linked to my Eufy hub 2

Yes. I have the Eufy Security Wireless Video Doorbell (Battery-Powered) which I actually hardwired in and also a few of the Eufy 2c cameras around the external of my house.

They are all linked to my Eufy hub 2

Thanks for the reply, how do they work for you? Any false alarms, cats / wind etc?

Can you view the video stream when you receive a notification?

Thanks for the reply, how do they work for you? Any false alarms, cats / wind etc?

Can you view the video stream when you receive a notification?

Yes. you can see the recording or switch to Live feed at any time.

The odd time it picks up people walking by but you can zone but thats it. No issues with wind, rain or animals.

When I first got the doorbell Battery-Powered, I was surprised how big it was and was concerned if it would fit where my original doorbell was.

Lucky enough it comes with an extra angle mounting plate so its perfect fitting.

Alerts are on point. 2 way speaker and audio saved me from picking up parcels from the post office many times, Video quality is great.

You also get thumbnails of zoomed in pictures of peoples faces when it detects people at the door weather they rang the doorbell or not.

Night vision is also on point an is very clear.

Having the Battery-Powered doorbell hardwired using the existing wires from my original doorbell means I dont have to charge it and also will use the original Chime in the house.

Yes. you can see the recording or switch to Live feed at any time.

The odd time it picks up people walking by but you can zone but thats it. No issues with wind, rain or animals.

When I first got the doorbell Battery-Powered, I was surprised how big it was and was concerned if it would fit where my original doorbell was.

Lucky enough it comes with an extra angle mounting plate so its perfect fitting.

Alerts are on point. 2 way speaker and audio saved me from picking up parcels from the post office many times, Video quality is great.

You also get thumbnails of zoomed in pictures of peoples faces when it detects people at the door weather they rang the doorbell or not.

Night vision is also on point an is very clear.

Having the Battery-Powered doorbell hardwired using the existing wires from my original doorbell means I dont have to charge it and also will use the original Chime in the house.

Brilliant, thank you for your detailed reply :)

• Advertisement

Thanks but Eufy account doesn't ship to Ireland. UK only, have to buy from Amazon

Thanks but Eufy account doesn't ship to Ireland. UK only, have to buy from Amazon

I used Parcel Motel

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Elwood_Blues

I bought my Eufy camera's from amazon.es. The camera's and shipping were cheaper than anywhere else and I received them within 3 days.

I've actually starting buying more things from amazon.es and .de as I can find them cheaper there.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

I have the indoor pan and tilt. Currently available for £40, well worth it, very good quality and regular firmware and app updates!

I have the Eufy Cam 2 and just recently got the Google Nest (thanks to the bargain alerts on this forum).

There is integration for both Google Assistant and Alexa but it says they're still in Beta.

You can only view the camera's live feed from the Nest, any motion detected isn't announced and you can't view any previous saved clips from the device either.

Not sure if this is still something they are developing and working on. The communications from Eufy are pretty poor to be honest from what I've found.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,968 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I have the Eufy Cam 2 and just recently got the Google Nest (thanks to the bargain alerts on this forum).

There is integration for both Google Assistant and Alexa but it says they're still in Beta.

You can only view the camera's live feed from the Nest, any motion detected isn't announced and you can't view any previous saved clips from the device either.

Not sure if this is still something they are developing and working on. The communications from Eufy are pretty poor to be honest from what I've found.

Does it show up on the Hub if someone rings the bell?

Does it show up on the Hub if someone rings the bell?

I don't know to be honest as I only got the outdoor camera's and not the doorbell but from what I'm reading on the Eufy community page it doesn't work great with google home. Seems to work with Alexa better.

https://communitysecurity.eufylife.com/t/doorbell-ring-on-google-home-devices/174000/9

Advertisement