Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skydio 2

Options
  • 17-08-2020 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭

I'm surprised there's literally no mention of this drone anywhere on boards. Only available in the US & Canada, anyone considering importing one? Seems like a no brainer to get one of these over a DJI in the same price range.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

doesnt looks bad ..but:
    1. poor flight time and range (compared with Air 2)
    2. questionable optical avoidance system
    3. remote controller not included (!)
    4. poor portability (fixed arms)
    5. import and tax duties :)

verdict:
    not worth a hassle, Air 2 fly more combo is cheaper :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭mp3guy

doesnt looks bad ..but:
    1. poor flight time and range (compared with Air 2)
    2. questionable optical avoidance system
    3. remote controller not included (!)
    4. poor portability (fixed arms)
    5. import and tax duties :)

verdict:
    not worth a hassle, Air 2 fly more combo is cheaper :)

Is price the only thing that matters? Such advanced following avoidance tech isn't a no feature.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

mp3guy wrote: »
    I'm surprised there's literally no mention of this drone anywhere on boards. Only available in the US & Canada, anyone considering importing one? Seems like a no brainer to get one of these over a DJI in the same price range.

Yeah, I watched a few videos 3 months ago. Definitely impressive tracking and camera specs although as you say, it's only available in North America.

I don't have any experience with it or know anybody with one, you could be our boards 'test pilot' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭mp3guy

I was playing with the idea of importing one but since it would be my first drone I decided against it and am just going in light with a Mavic Mini, I'll see how I get on with it. Apparently they were planning to sell to EU in 2020 so maybe later in the year if it's on sale and my first drone experiment goes well I'll look into it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

mp3guy wrote:
    I was playing with the idea of importing one but since it would be my first drone I decided against it and am just going in light with a Mavic Mini, I'll see how I get on with it. Apparently they were planning to sell to EU in 2020 so maybe later in the year if it's on sale and my first drone experiment goes well I'll look into it.

Nice one, feel free to give me a shout if you have any questions. The mavic mini gets fantastic results for the size and price point..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

mp3guy wrote: »
    Is price the only thing that matters? Such advanced following avoidance tech isn't a no feature.

kinda agree but dji is fixing alot and adding new features with firmware and app updates :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭323

No post here in a long time.

Got one of these about a year ago, friend brought over from the US for me.

Curious if anyone else here using one of these?

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

Advertisement