Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gusty Dublin - Mavic Mini

Options
  • 01-08-2020 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭

I've noticed that Dublin always seemed to have gusts near 40km according to UAV forecast. Probably due to its vicinity to the coast.

Wind speed are usually grand (under 20km) so I'm wondering if the gusts are something to worry about with my Mavic Mini or should I just be concerned by sustained wind?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

No, you need to be wary of gusts too. The max recommended wind speed, including gusts, is 8m/s or 28kph. That's pretty close to it's max speed in P mode, so any higher and it won't be able to hover in one location. Make sure you take note in UAV Forecast of wind speed at altitude too. It can get pretty windy at 50m+ altitude.

Advertisement