Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banner ads now appearing for subscribers

Options
  • 16-04-2020 10:34pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just a quick question, are subscribers no longer seeing boards.ie ad-free? I've just renewed but I'm now seeing ads.

Thanks
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭mike2084

And no sooner as I've posted this there was a 503 error and they have now gone for me.

Thanks for your time,
    Michael

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Michael,

If this happens again, could you let us know please. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭deisedav

Hi Michael,

Hi can ypu rell me why the advertising ads are constantly coming up covering the threads/forums i want to go into. Even when i close this down the box remains on the screen and i cant access what i want to read. Its extremely annoying and its happening the whole time now. Thanks

Boards.ie Employee

Hi deisedav,

Could you please provide a screenshot of the issue? Can you also let me know what version of the site you're using and on what device? Thanks.

Hi here is the screenshot. The phone is Samsung s7. Dont know which version of boards it is

• Advertisement
    Boards.ie Employee

Thanks for sharing that. You're on the full site, aka the legacy site. If you scroll to the bottom of the page you'll see a link to the touch site. We recommend using this for mobile browsing (you can also navigate to it through touch.boards.ie).

The legacy site isn't designed for use on smaller screens which is why this issue occurs. Sorry about that.

Thanks for sharing that. You're on the full site, aka the legacy site. If you scroll to the bottom of the page you'll see a link to the touch site. We recommend using this for mobile browsing (you can also navigate to it through touch.boards.ie).

The legacy site isn't designed for use on smaller screens which is why this issue occurs. Sorry about that.

Ok seems to work better, thanks for that

Hi Michael,

Hi all, unfortunately the ads have appeared again, have attached screen grab.

Thanks,
    Michael

Actually as soon as I posted again it seemed to sort itself out! Reporting the problem seems to solve it for some reason :D

Thanks again,
    Michael

Boards.ie Employee

Hi Michael,

That's very strange, but at least it seems to rectify itself :/ If it does happen again, please let us know (and hopefully it'll sort itself out again!)

• Advertisement

I'm afraid the ads are back again... hopefully it sorts itself again.

mike2084 wrote: »
    I'm afraid the ads are back again... hopefully it sorts itself again.

It has sorted again, as far as I can seen making a few posts in any forum seems to be the key to sorting it.

Thanks,
    Michael

Advertisement