Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

German Beer Website

• 11-08-2011 8:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

http://www.gourmondo.de

Saw a link posted to this elsewhere. Haven't tried it myself but it looks good. The site's in German but you can import cheap german beer for a pretty reasonable shipping rate. Should save you loads on buying fancy german beers in the off-licence.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭asharkman

Seen this last week.
    Superquinn in ballinteer are doing international beers for 2e a bottle well they're doing 6 for 12e.
    Not too bad.
    They also have some nice Irish ones that would normally be quite expensive.
    gudwan wrote: »
    http://www.gourmondo.de

Saw a link posted to this elsewhere. Haven't tried it myself but it looks good. The site's in German but you can import cheap german beer for a pretty reasonable shipping rate. Should save you loads on buying fancy german beers in the off-licence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭asharkman

Actually bought Paulener for 1e a bottle last Friday in Ballinteer.
    Not sure if that offer is still on though.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Doesn't seem to be hugely cheap to me?

In saying that, I haven't a word of German!

Can anyone link to a good deal for European beer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

wixfjord wrote: »
    Doesn't seem to be hugely cheap to me?

In saying that, I haven't a word of German!

It's not cheap, per se. It's a good deal if you are looking to purchase beer that is not available / hard to get here.

Has anyone ever used this site before? What are the shipping rates?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

wixfjord wrote: »
    A few sites have been listed in the beer forum before. I priced one in the UK and it was about 70cent cheaper per bottle than the same stuff here, and that was after postage.

But I did not calculate duty which could be charged.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/customs/leaflets/pn1882.html
    4. Goods purchased for Personal Use over the Internet or from mail order catalogues from a country within the EU

Goods ordered by a private individual, over the Internet or from a mail order catalogue, from EU Member States are not liable to Customs Duty. However, they are normally liable to VAT at the rate chargeable in that country and this amount is included in the purchase price of the goods.

Excise Duty is payable on excisable products such as alcohol and tobacco ordered for personal use from EU Member States over the Internet or from mail order catalogues - it must be paid before the goods arrive in Ireland.
    There is some way to get reimbursed of the other countries duty, but I doubt the place you buy from would go out of their way to help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭SkrApsAK

seems to be cheap enough for the champagnes like Moet or Don.... dunno how it would work out with delivery though

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭SkrApsAK

The green bush, the Johnnie walkers and a few of the rare whiskeys like Nikka Yoichi seem like good value too.

The Middleton could be aswell depending on the year. Doesnt give one so I assume its just a 09 or 10 so only saving about €3 or €7 depending on where you buy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

asharkman wrote: »
    Actually bought Paulener for 1e a bottle last Friday in Ballinteer.
    Not sure if that offer is still on though.

what? €1 that's unreal value

my fav drink are u sure it was the €2 deal the 6 for €12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

madma wrote: »
    what? €1 that's unreal value

my fav drink are u sure it was the €2 deal the 6 for €12

Was there on Tuesday night, can confirm €1 for Paulaner and 6 for €12 on all other international beers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

stevire wrote: »
    Was there on Tuesday night, can confirm €1 for Paulaner and 6 for €12 on all other international beers.

Jaysus thats daycent for Ireland !!

A crate of Paulaner Weizen at the local Rewe in Duesseldorf is 14 euros :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement