Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Credit card charges with Hotel booking agencies.

• 03-07-2011 8:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭

I had been looking, over past few days, at booking Hotel on Travelrepublic.ie but when I went to book tonight, I inadvertently went into Travelrepublic.co.uk.(same price) I didnt notice until booking had gone through but noticed that the uk "branch" only charge 1% CC charge while Irish one charges 2.5%! Quite a difference. Lucky mistake...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

The Irish one only appears to charging 1% on Visa and Mastercard?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭xraylady

Frequently Asked Questions

What are your credit card charges?...

Select another subject:
    Payments made by credit card

question.gifPayments made by credit card

answer.gif Answer:

We charge a 2.5% handling fee for payments made by credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭loopymum

AIB charge 1.75% for converting currency, I'm not sure about the other banks but if it's an AIB card wouldn't it end up costing you more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭xraylady

The price that I was quoted on UK site was in Euro. I selected it instead of GBP. On last page of booking I was quoted accom price in Euros (same as .ie site) 1% cc charge, and then "total booking cost in Euro". I went through same process afterwards on .ie site to compare and accom price the same but CC charge of 2.5% so "total booking cost" was higher. I assumed that they were charging me in Euro on both sites - making conversion themselves- Hope I'm correct?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

xraylady wrote: »
    The price that I was quoted on UK site was in Euro. I selected it instead of GBP. On last page of booking I was quoted accom price in Euros (same as .ie site) 1% cc charge, and then "total booking cost in Euro". I went through same process afterwards on .ie site to compare and accom price the same but CC charge of 2.5% so "total booking cost" was higher. I assumed that they were charging me in Euro on both sites - making conversion themselves- Hope I'm correct?

Very interesting. I made a booking yesterday on the .ie site for a hotel in Malaysia and I was charged 1%

• Advertisement
Advertisement