Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suggestions plz 4 day MTB trip

• 21-03-2019 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Well folks i've got some extra leave to use up from work as recently got awarded employee of month .

so looking to use it for a wee trip on the bike
    It can be in Ireland or abroad as long as low budget .

Suggestions PLZ

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,617 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Kilbroney in Rostrevor?
    We use the campsite there, makes for a cheap break.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭paul mountainbike

Sounds good and got the Mourne's as area to explore .

I've been up that way doing the Cooley Thriller too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭saccades

7 staines, peak District, Wales (north probably better than south).

Then as it's out of season a pop over to Basque Mtb?

Wicklow way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

saccades wrote: »
    7 staines, peak District, Wales (north probably better than south).

Then as it's out of season a pop over to Basque Mtb?

Wicklow way?

The 7 Staines in Scotland is well worth a look; you can easily take your pick from one or more of them over a the spread of a few days given the proximity that several of them to each other too, for example Glentress & Innerleithen in the tweed valley, or the Forest of Ae, Dalbeattie, and Kirroughtree in Dumfries & Galloway. Certainly Glentress, Innerleithen and the Forest of Ae are well used as race venues too for both Enduro and DH racing so it's not like they're tame trail centres.

Wales & Scotland in general will have you spoiled for choice. Trailforks UK map link

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭El Vino

Wales is pretty good, If you pick south Wales you can do a day at Afan, one at Bike Park Wales and a big mountain day out in the Brecons - something like the Gap. That would cover most bases. Plenty in North Wales also but I know that less well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭boomdocker

https://www.sierramtb.com/

Just back from there

Flew out last Thursday, home Sunday (Malaga)
    3.5 days, lots of good singletrack

Cost 500 quid including flights, accomodation, breakfast, bike hire and airport transfers

Nothing like a bit of sun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Morzine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Quickpip

Sounds good and got the Mourne's as area to explore .

I've been up that way doing the Cooley Thriller too.

Yeah, +1 for Rostrevor. You can camp/caravan at the site or another option is east coast glamping which is a few miles from the trails. Lots of man made/natural trails to keep you entertained for a few days.
    Also you are not far from Castlewellan, Donard, Tullymore and the Cooley trails. You could certainly fill 4 or 5 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,625 ✭✭✭prunudo

Well folks i've got some extra leave to use up from work as recently got awarded employee of month .

so looking to use it for a wee trip on the bike
    It can be in Ireland or abroad as long as low budget .

Suggestions PLZ

Where did you end up going in the end and how did you get on? Thinking of doing something similar myself, not sure whether to stay in Ireland and travel around a few different locations over a few days or just head to Europe. Has anyone any recommendations for places that are good for solo travellers in the likes of the Alps, Pyrenees or even elsewhere.

Advertisement