Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading to a Voodoo Zobop ?

Options
  • 22-02-2019 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,
    I'm new to the forum and indeed boards.ie (well actually just a first time poster!)
    I'm considering upgrading my 2016 Voodoo Bizango to a Voodoo Zopbop that is currently on sale in Halfords for e1440 down from e1440.
    Just wondering if anyone has any reviews or opinions on the bike or the spec, it seems decent spec for the sale price.
    I would mainly be using the bike on trails in Ticknock and Ballinastoe with hopefully a few trips up to Rostrevor in the near future for the first time.
    Would also going to use it for the few short commutes I do around town now and again.
    I know the general consensus is e1500 is the minimum you should be spending on a full suspension but curious to see how close or far away this bike comes to that.
    Apologies but am not allowed to post a link to the bike as I'm a 'new' user!
    Any advice would be great thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Personally wouldn't go near it, but buying a bike really is a personal choice, I'd say it would seriously reduce your off roading abilities, I personally wouldn't go below the 2k mark for a dual, using a dual on the road would seriously become a pain in the hole quickly, I'd be looking at a hard tail for such activities, and/or a second hand dual

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

Calibre Bossnut Evo or Triple B. Both well within budget and very highly regarded in reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭covey123

Definitely worth considering a used bike, plenty of choices out there wether from likes Adverts or Pinkbike(see what's available in the North too if considering trips to Rostrevor)
    Another option worth looking at is contacting trail centers about ex rentals that come up for sale,you would definitely get a lot more bang for your buck than buying new when on a budget,picked up a year old ex demo for almost half price myself from MBW on a phone call that was just supposed to be an enquiry!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 2manytonys

Much appreciated all the opinions and good advice, on reflection think am gonna hold onto my hard tail and then save up the budget a bit longer a bit longer for a decent full suspension, to be honest I was only leaning towards the Zobop as I love my Bizango, its served me well so far plus i happen to have a e500 one for all voucher for halfords and i could get a further 10% off the bike with my axa card.
    Have to say though I quite like the look of the Calibre Bossnut Evo & Triple B, cheers Plastik!

Advertisement