Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mondays PDC World Championship results

Options
  • 19-12-2005 6:27pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭

There was 4 matches played in the afternoon session of the WC. The results were:

S Alker (Wal)
    3-1
    26-A Caves (Eng)
    J Clark (Eng)
    3-2
    28-S Maish (Eng)
    20-A Lewis (Eng)
    3-0
    D Honey (Eng)
    25-W Newton (Eng)---3-0
    Y Matsunaga (Jpn)

So we have lost 2 of the worlds to 32 players all ready with Caves and Maish both crashing out. Caves was beaten by Alken who looked very good at stages throughout there match, at one point his average was as high as 102.

No surprises with Lewis and Newton easing through to the next round.

The night session gets underway at 7 and will include matches involving John Part and Phil Taylor among others. Good night in store

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Geg124

There seems like a god night in store with Phil Taylor and John Part playing . You would expect the two of them to win by a fairly good score if they are not playing a fairly experienced player.

Who are they playing anyway??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

Part strolled through 3-0. Lewis' odds have been slashed to 12/1 from 20/1.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

The scores of the 4 night matches were:

11-J Part (Can)
    3-0
    L Cheng'an (Chn)
    J van der Russell (Ned)--3-0
    17-S Beaton (Eng)
    2-P Taylor (Eng)
    3-0
    D Platt (Eng)
    W Jones (Eng)
    3-2
    25-J Wade (Eng)

So no surprises in the first game as Part eases through with quite a good performance averaging in the mid to low nineties. The second match threw up the surprise of the day as former BDO World Champion Steve Beaten crashes oyt to the dutch qualifier Van Der Rassell who is ranked 80th in the world. Beaten never seems to do well at the circus tavern and has still ony ever won 2 matches there.

Next up was Phil Taylor who had a much tougher match than the score suggests as Platt really pushed him as Taylor struggled a bit with his scoring. If Platts finishing had been better he could have done very well. As it stood though Taylor goes through and averaged 97. The next game was the match of the day as many thought it would be. 27 year old James Wade stormed into a 2 set lead winning both sets 3-0 and Wayne Jones looked in serious trouble. Then to put it simply, Wade fell apart and Jnes won the next two sets without improving his game. Wade was averaging a meagre 69 at one stage in the 4th set. The final set was very nervy with both players playing poor darts, eventually Jones won 6-4 after it went a tie break. I was gutted as I had a bet on Wade to win that one :mad:

So a good first day of darts that saw three seeds, one a former World Champion, crash out of the competition. Role on tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Definitely the big surprise was van der Rassel disposing of Beaton. The Dutchman looks a decent player.

I expected Alker to beat Caves, and I thought Maish and Clark would be close, but I expected Maish to have a bit too much in the end - wrong, Clark definitely looked the stronger player. Wayne Jones v Wade was always going to be close - I would have tipped Jones experience to edge it (easy to say now!) but I wouldnt have bet on it.

So todays its:

Webster (32) v Extercatte
    Never seen either play, Webster is strong favourite with the bookies, but Extercatte won a tournament on the circuit this year in Holland (as did Webster I think). So I think its "too close to call". Extercatte might be a decent bet, as his odds are too long, so I'll pick him to win 3-2.

Walsh (12) v Parry
    3-0. Parry to win no more than 2 legs.

Smith (21) v Salmon
    All depends which Dennis smith turns up. Qualifier Salmon could give him a game. Prediction 3-1 for Smith.

Sams (16) v Kuczynski
    The best of the Yanks should give the Lion quite a game. Sams did beat him in Vegas on their only previous game - so that might give him just the edge - although there's a chance nerves will get to Lionel. Sams 3-2.

AJenkins (8) v Bulen
    3-0. Bulen to win no more than 2 legs.

Scholten (4) v Whitcombe
    Would love to see Big Dave progress, but I can't see past a comfortable Scholten victory. 3-0 or 3-1

Lloyd (1) v Welding
    Welding is a good player who has won on stage before. If he can win one of the first two sets I dont rule out a massive upset, albeit there's at least a 50% chance of a 3-0 Lloyd win.

Manley (5) v Spiolek
    Manley should have too much for old head Spiolek. 3-0 or 3-1.

Advertisement