Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday's The Day

Options
  • 16-12-2005 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Monday see's the strat of the world championship. Can anyone see past the Power? Who do you think will be the unlikely outsider to make a charge for the title? Any chance of a nine-darter?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

At the moment I cant see past Taylor, he is head and shoulders above the rest and the top players just cant seem to play their best darts against them, I think they get too intimidated by the man. I think the only real dark horse that could do well is Adrian Lewis. Im looking forward to see if he can play with the best of them. Saying that though Smith had a great run at the World Grand Prix which was a surprise.

I hope the likes of Wayne Mardle and John Part do well as they have the ability to topple Taylor. Lloyd seems to bottle it aginats Taylor and I think he will be relying on someone else to beat him again.

Taylor to win it for me im afraid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

Taylor 1/66 in his first match. If you ever wanted a handy €1000 just stick €66000 on Taylor :D . I might put an each-way on Scholten, had potential and I think there is a win in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Lewis seems to have got a difficult draw. He'd be scheduled to meet Priestley, Scholten and Manley to get to the semis - then Lloyd then Taylor.

I think the big stage experience of either Scholten or Manley will get the better of him (though I've never really seen Lewis play, so time will tell). I expect either Scholten or Manley to get to the final.

I think Lloyd will slip up before Taylor gets to him. I thought he'd go early, but his quarter of the draw seems the easiest to me, so he may make it to the semis - but I think he'll lose there.

I'd love to see Painter, or Wes Newton or Dudbridge topple Taylor. Maybe even Matt Superman Clark in the second round. Unlikely though!

Mardle, Part, Mason, Baxter all capable of making the semis from their quarter of the draw. Impossible to call. Even Colin Monk might be in with a shout. He's yet to produce his best since joining from the BDO, but he's capable of big things. Whoever makes it should give Taylor a good battle in the semis.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

For those who dont know the first match of the championships is on today at 1pm and all matches will be shown live on sky sports. Its time to plonk myslef in front of the tv for the day :D

Advertisement