Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lakeside 2006 First Round

Options
  • 05-01-2006 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

MEN'S FIRST ROUND DRAW

Matches to be played SATURDAY, JAN 7
    JELLE KLAASEN (NETH) v DENNIS HARBOUR (ENG)
    MERVYN KING (1) (ENG) v BRIAN WOODS (ENG)
    MARENO MICHELLS (NETH) v PAUL HOGAN (ENG)
    TED HANKEY (8) (ENG) v ALBERTINO ESSERS (NETH)
    SHAUN GREATBATCH (ENG) v NIELS DE RUITER (NETH)
    TONY ECCLES (5) (ENG) v PER LAURSEN (DEN)

Matches to be played SUNDAY, JAN 8
    CO STOMPE (NETH) v PAUL HANVIDGE (SCOT)
    SIMON WHITLOCK (4) (AUS) v ANDY FORDHAM (ENG)
    MARTIN ATKINS (ENG) v GERARD PORTER (IRE) 1.30PM
    MARTIN ADAMS (2) (ENG) v DARRYL FITTON (ENG)
    ULF CEDER (FIN) v MIKE VEITCH (SCOT)
    JOHN WALTON (7) (ENG) v STEPHEN ROBERTS (ENG)

Matches to be played MONDAY, JAN 9
    ROSS MONTGOMERY (SCOT) v VINCENT VAN DER VOORT (NETH)
    TONY O'SHEA (6) (ENG) v TONY WEST (ENG)
    GARY ROBSON (ENG) v GARY ANDERSON (SCOT)
    RAYMOND BARNEVELD (3) (NETH) v BRIAN SORENSEN (Den)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I must admit that I dont know as much about the lesser BDO players as I would the PDC players because of the distinct lack of coverage the BDO gets but there are three stand out ties for me in the first round.

Simon Whitlock versus 2004 champion Andy Fordham should be a good game. WHitlock is a ery slow player which may put Andy off bt tbh I would put Fordham as slight favourite for this match. Another stand out game would be Martin Adams against Daryl "the dazzler" Fitton. Adams is obviously a very good player but has never fulfilled his potential of winning a World Championships. Fitton can blow hot and cold and it really depends on how he plays on the day but he has the game to trouble Adams. Gotta love that walk on too! Finally Tony O' Shea v Tony West should be a close enough game that could go either way in my opinion.

So looking forwar to this now after my rip to Purfleet to see the PDC Championships. Should be a good one

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Northside Punk

so who else thinks klassen is gonna be in the final

Advertisement