Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog kennel waterford.

Options
  • 14-06-2013 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭

hi , does anyone know of or could recommend dog kennells for me and maybe a phone number too im in a month or so for a week so i need to find a place for my dog , cheers.;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

Best I've ever found is Riverbears, near Mooncoin.

And I've tried lots.

Well worth it, my dogs actually look forward to going there!

051 89 55 61

• Registered Users Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭deisemum

A few of my neighbours use Aine's boarding kennels near Stradbally. 087 761 8127

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Ok thanks for reply il try them ...

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭kaef

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

I used Grantstown once, when my usual was full./

Dogs came back traumatised. Loud music playing all day to stop the dogs barking.

Never again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 updownup

used precious paws out in glenmore couldn't recommend them high enough . lovely woman called Margret , have a fairly good Facebook page if you would like to take a look

• Registered Users Posts: 16 marchgirl

100% agree with Precious Paws Pet Hotel - Margaret LOVES the dogs and even takes pictures of their visits. We used to use Grantstown - it was okay but Precious Paws is on a whole other level! Our dogs love it and are going back for a stay in July. PM me for her number cos I'm not sure if I'm allowed put it up here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

i can build one with me bare hands

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭saintchrisburg

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I was wondering if anybody knows a kennel that takes both dogs and cats? I need a place for my cat and medium-sized dog for about 10 days, starting asap. Reading through an old thread from 2009, it seems Heather Molloy used to (does anybody have current contact info for her)? I'd be grateful for any recommendations. Thanks.

There's a kennel and cattery on Lacken Rd in Waterford. Use them for last two years and i'm very happy.
    Their fb page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lacken-Road-Boarding-Kennels-and-Cattery/138288212848094?fref=ts

• Advertisement

kaef wrote: »
    There's a kennel and cattery on Lacken Rd in Waterford. Use them for last two years and i'm very happy.
    Their fb page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lacken-Road-Boarding-Kennels-and-Cattery/138288212848094?fref=ts

Thanks a million, I'll give them a call in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Grand town take Cats but I would be slow to recommend them. The place has just gotten too big and it's far from a home from home environment. We have an elderly dog so we need somewhere that we know he will get some extra TLC while we're away. I know loads of good dog kennels but not ones that take cats too.

I dropped my dog and cat off at the Lacken Road kennel today. They seem very nice, and the kennels were clean and all the animals there seemed happy and playful. I'll update when I pick them up mid next week.

I'm sure your pets and you will be happy;) My cat will go for a holiday on Lacken Rd next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Scaldy Ned

Jimmy and Niamh
    Out past the Holy Cross pub. I don't know the number but if you are still looking i will get it for you with directions tomorrow.
    I have put both my dogs in a couple of times and it is clean and comfortable.
    The second time i used them my dogs got excited to see him and were wagging the tails mad......says it all i think. I know for a fact that he brings the dogs for a long walk every day through the fields.
    I think it's Jimmy Kennedy...should be in the phone book

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭south

Scaldy Ned wrote: »
    Jimmy and Niamh
    Out past the Holy Cross pub. I don't know the number but if you are still looking i will get it for you with directions tomorrow.
    I have put both my dogs in a couple of times and it is clean and comfortable.
    The second time i used them my dogs got excited to see him and were wagging the tails mad......says it all i think. I know for a fact that he brings the dogs for a long walk every day through the fields.
    I think it's Jimmy Kennedy...should be in the phone book

Jimmy King is the name you're thinking of.

I picked up my dog and cat from the kennel at Lacken Road, and can't recommend them highly enough. Both animals were in high spirits, and my dog especially clearly loved the whole family there. The price was really reasonable as well, and they were very flexible with drop off/pick up times and the fact everything was very last second. Also I found the location convenient, as it's just a minute off the outer ring road roundabout for Tramore. I'll definitely take my dog and cat there again when need be.

Advertisement