Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain alerts in Waterford City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

Hey man, car wash and hoover in city square parking garage for a fiver

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭deadybai

Anyone know which pubs sell cheap pints in the city? I used to go into town to watch games on the big screen but the cost of pints is way too expensive.

So where is the cheapest pint in Waterford?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭JourneyMan8

deadybai wrote: »
    Anyone know which pubs sell cheap pints in the city? I used to go into town to watch games on the big screen but the cost of pints is way too expensive.

not sure about cheapest but Showboat isn't to expensive, forget exactly but under 5 quid and a few tv's and pool/darts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Think the exchange pub beside garda station is €3 or maybe €3.30 now a pint.

where is the cheapest christmas tree around town? or best value? looking for a bigish tree.

• Advertisement

5 2ltr bottles of minerals (coke diet coke 7up club orange etc.) for 5 euro in tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

where is the cheapest christmas tree around town? or best value? looking for a bigish tree.

My husband saw some outside Woodies for €32.50, I didn't see them so cannot comment on what they were like. I'm hoping to get ours tomorrow but not sure where we'll go yet, would prefer a smallish one.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

5 bottles of minerals (coke diet coke 7up club orange etc.) for 5 euro in tesco

Are the the 2ltr bottles?

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Are the the 2ltr bottles?

Yep. sorry ill edit my original post

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Yep. sorry ill edit my original post

That's great value, I wonder if it's only for today thou, no mention of it on their site, just 3 bottles for €4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 monty76

I got a tree at the back of the car park on Thomas St. Best trees I've seen around, got it for 40 Euro.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    That's great value, I wonder if it's only for today thou, no mention of it on their site, just 3 bottles for €4

I was in there yesterday and went into today and they were still on sale at this price. there wasnt much left today though, all the coke was gone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

monty76 wrote: »
    I got a tree at the back of the car park on Thomas St. Best trees I've seen around, got it for 40 Euro.

Its gas, they were selling them for 9 euro today in IKEA for Ikea Club Card members and 15 for everybody else

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

Any advice where to buy a fairly priced TV? Any sales around

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

Santa Claus in Georges Court - cheap, hasbro toy, brillant Santa

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭bilibob

Its gas, they were selling them for 9 euro today in IKEA for Ikea Club Card members and 15 for everybody else

I got one last year, spent ages looking through them all, most of them lobsided or else really short. On the plus side when he opened the net the tree still had some snow on it! Shipped in daily from Denmark apparently.

When you factor in driving there, the hassle of simply getting through ikea and driving back to Waterford with a christmas tree sticking out beside you i decided to go local this year... but yeah it was amazing value

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Yeah i just happened to be in IKEA, I wouldnt be driving out there just to get a tree like, If i had a van i would have bought about 10 of them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 496 ✭✭renraw

Tesco's: Lisduggan have a basket just as you walk down the first aisle. I bought a 32gb flash drive for €6 today and a Bluetooth adaptor for €3...

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭roxyworldgirl

Rockin Joes burgers are all €2 today, details on fb

I wandered in to sports savers the other day and they were having a huge clearance on runners and trainers. Picked up a pair of nike runners reduced from 60 to 25 euro. Definitely worth a look if your passing by .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭joni1

Where's Sports Savers?

joni1 wrote: »
    Where's Sports Savers?

Its directly opposite the womens Dunnes and Burger King in the city. It generally is cheaper then the other sports shops in town and its the only place that has a good selection in big sized runners for men. Think there is a student discount of 10% also but only on items that haven't already been reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Daisies2014

St Vincent De Paul in Poleberry!!
    The Back of Tesco's

School Books
    Leaving Cert and Junior Cert Examination Papers on special offer!!!

Also special offers on clothes shoes and furniture!! Call in!!!

Also all Donations Welcome:)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 beatriss

Hi Daisies2014,

Thanks for the post...just wanted to ask. if you knew what time the shop opened in the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Daisies2014

beatriss wrote: »
    Hi Daisies2014,

Thanks for the post...just wanted to ask. if you knew what time the shop opened in the morning?

Opening Hours

Mon 10am - 4.30pm
    Tues 10am - 4.30pm
    Wed 10am - 4.30pm
    Thurs 10am - 4.30pm
    Friday 10am - 4.30pm
    Sat 10am - 4.30pm
    Sun Closed

25% off all footwear in Alfie Hales Sports shop for this week only!

Shaws has a sale on at the moment. Most items are reduced either 10percent or 20percent off

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Shaws has a sale on at the moment. Most items are reduced either 10percent or 20percent off

still too dear for me:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Probably a bit late now but Goodfellas have a tent set up in the Supervalu hypercentre car park now cooking pizzas and handing out free slices :)

• Advertisement

Carphone Warehouse

Seen in the window. Free Xbox 360 console when you buy a Nokia Lumia 530 on Bill Pay for 49euro a month.

res_e5eb24b6465690366e58cf43f7882e3f.jpg

Advertisement