Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Transferring older cars without log book?

Options
  • 22-03-2019 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭

Hi!
    We have a few older cars and can't find the log books. One option is to just order new log books from Shannon and pay for them.
    However is there another option? I think was told by a scrap dealer before that I wouldn't need the log books.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Rubbish.

Just pay for replacements.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you intend to sell them you need logbooks.
    If scrapping then I don't suppose you do (unless you want an end-of-life cert).

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

biko wrote: »
    If you intend to sell them you need logbooks.
    If scrapping then I don't suppose you do (unless you want an end-of-life cert).

Thanks!
    We might have to order logbooks for them.
    We've found several old brown style log books apart from the brown one's we want.

Advertisement