Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Increments and NQT

Options
  • 29-01-2019 7:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I am currently on my 5th year of teaching in the middle east and plan on returning home at the end of my 6th year, 2019/20. I completed my PGCE in St. Mary's University, Belfast and was done all through the Irish Language. When I got my PGCE, I flew to Dubai that Summer. I never registered with the Teaching Council of Ireland, and I never completed my NQT year. I plan on doing so when I return home. However, because I've been teaching in a public school, I can fill my incremental form to claim the 6 years that I will have taught and should be able to move up the scale. So, instead of starting off at the bottom of the scale at 36000euro per year, the 6 years teaching should count and I should be on 44000 for the year. But I am unsure if not having my NQT year done will affect this? If anyone can assist me on this, it would be a great help.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Hi, I am currently on my 5th year of teaching in the middle east and plan on returning home at the end of my 6th year, 2019/20. I completed my PGCE in St. Mary's University, Belfast and was done all through the Irish Language. When I got my PGCE, I flew to Dubai that Summer. I never registered with the Teaching Council of Ireland, and I never completed my NQT year. I plan on doing so when I return home. However, because I've been teaching in a public school, I can fill my incremental form to claim the 6 years that I will have taught and should be able to move up the scale. So, instead of starting off at the bottom of the scale at 36000euro per year, the 6 years teaching should count and I should be on 44000 for the year. But I am unsure if not having my NQT year done will affect this? If anyone can assist me on this, it would be a great help.
    If you never worked in Irish school as registered teacher and never did ur year, u'll start on lowest point

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi Ciaran, welcome to Boards. You would probably be better off asking this in the Teaching & Lecturing forum here. Best of luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement