Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

05 Kia Rio Head gasket

Options
  • 19-12-2015 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭

Looks like my mates Kia Rio 1.3 petrol has packed it's head gasket in.
    Lots of oil leaking at the union between head and block.
    No mayonaise in the oil though. A skim and head set would sort it or do these things have warped block issues? Seeming as it isn't loosing water I guess it's not "too bad" .
    How much would this run:
    head set ~120 euro
    Timing belt set ?
    Thermostat I guess 12
    Head skim 100?
    What would an indy charge for this seeming as it's labour intensive?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Greyfoot

Easy enough to do, double check leakage, seen rocker cover gasket leaking down on these can be mistaken for hg. Block is iron, won't warp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

nah the leak is all round the union between head and block, fairly sure it's the HG not the rocker as that looks dry.
    Any id on the time/cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Greyfoot

If its the 1.3 sohc model with cable clutch then 4-5 hrs tops, including belt, water pump. Get a full head set and change valve stem seals and camshaft seal while you are at it, just my 2c.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Waterson

Shouldn't set you back more than €380 inclusive of skim, head set and timing belt kit.

Advertisement