Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NI car - car check query

Options
  • 19-02-2014 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi,
    I was going to take a trip up North tomorrow to look at a car. I was doing a few checks on the car on the web. When I enter the car reg on cartell.ie or motor check I am getting the correct details for the car make and model but when I enter the same reg on any of the uk based sites e.g auto trader it brings up a completely different make, model and year vehicle!

I'm hoping there might be an innocent explanation for this ( cause I really like this car) but it seems very strange that irish based sites give correct vehicle details but UK one's don't.

Any advice or experience of this cause I was hoping to set off early in the morning!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,155 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It is possible that the car has a personal plate on it or something. Have you asked the seller about it?

Any link to the advert?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

If I was making a car buying trip up North, I'd have 2 or 3 cars to potentially see.

It's long way to go if the 1st car isn't 100%.

p.s. Satisfy your query before travelling.

Advertisement