Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish speakers needed.

Options
  • 05-01-2012 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

So I'm organising a big event for St.Patrick's week, (I'm not sure if I can mention it as I've been told off for advertising on boards) but basically we'll have a big group 70-150 of a fairly international crowd and I want to bring them to a lesson in Gaeilge. It's the type of thing tourist love, getting in to know the culture deeper then Leprechauns and Guinness. I was thinking of bringing them to one of the Irish speaking bars around Dublin or Galway and making small groups with a gaelgoir (sp?)

I used to have a higher then average level of Gaeilga myself but with time it's all forgotten, hopefully I'll remember for the event. I'd be delighted if anyone could help me here, and if you ask I can send a Private message with the event details link.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

smegmar wrote: »
    I'd be delighted if anyone could help me here, and if you ask I can send a Private message with the event details link.

I probably wouldn't be able to make it to the event myself, but I know of a few sites where you should be able to post the details. You can start with the Irish discussion forum here, Teach Na nGealt. PM me for more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 brianeanna

For heaven's sake don't just barge into some Irish-speaking bar with a hundred tourists! Give the group a proper introduction to the language, and do it professionally. If you're in Dublin, contact Gaelchultúr:

http://www.gaelchultur.com/index.php?page=baile&tid=1&lang=en

If elsewhere, contact Conradh na Gaeilge. They'll lay on a teacher or presentation if your group coughs up a Euro or two per head.

Ádh mór!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Gaeilge72

Gaelchultúr are definitely a great choice if it's in Dublin, although they do have teachers around the country too.

Advertisement