Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ford Mondeo Mk3 starting problem

• 19-12-2015 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All,

I bought a Ford Mondeo Mk3 (2.0 L petrol Duractec engine) about 7/8 months ago and I've been having problems starting it.

It doesn't turn over when I try to start it - this can happen when trying to start the engine cold or after I've been driving. I've tried to jump start it but no joy - it will start when pushed though.

The mechanic I took it to checked the battery, had the alternator reconditioned, checked the wiring and had a look at the starter motor. He couldn't figure it out so he put a new battery in it and it started every time for the next 4/5 months. Lately though it's not starting first time every time and the other morning it turned over but didn't start and when I tried again it didn't turn over at all. And there was no click from the starter motor either.

So I tried to jump start it - didn't work but I did hear a click from the starter motor - it started when I pushed it but wouldn't start again the following morning. So I took it to a Ford dealership this time thinking if anyone could figure it out they could but of course the car started for them every time and they found nothing the matter. I left it with them and told them to have a closer look.

Can anyone here tell me what's likely to be the problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Greyfoot

Loose connection/earth. Try to start it with a cable from battery negative terminal to engine. "The mechanic had a look at the starter" means what exactly? Removed and tested it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bageelama

Good question - answer is I don't know.

Advertisement