Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Oxygen sensor

Options
  • 18-12-2015 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi I'm wondering if anyone could advise me.please.
    2004 h model 1.4 petrol astra.
    Was told. I NNeed to replace the lamada sensor price I was given was 165 euro plus vat just for the sensor.
    Have looked online and seen various brands with various prices ranging from 67 to 167.
    My question is if I buy the sensor.online.will it be just a matter of plug and play so to speak and what should I be looking for as in how do I know I'm buying the right sensor with the electric connection on it.
    Any advice please would be much appreciated
    Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

You can buy non genuine in a factors for between 30-50 euros.They don't generally come with the block connector on them but come with crimp on connections to join to your existing one.
    You have to know how many wires are on your old one--usually 3 or 4.
    Then you buy a 3 or 4 wire one from the factors,cut your block connector off about half way along the wire and join it up and off you go.

Usually saves you over 100 euros on a genuine one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭cajonlardo

I got an exact Named match for mine from sparkplugs.co.uk for €67 when the Toyota parts dept wanted €300.

On a post cat probe with a heater failure I soldered a €3 resistor across the leads and its gone through several ncts since. Another tip is if you haven't got a lamda socket to remove the probe, buy a cheap box spanner and just pass the lead through .

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭KALO

Thanks alot guys for your help so far.
    The guy I brought it to that was charging me 165 just for the sensor ttold.me I can't drive the car even though it's driving ok is the recommended.
    I really haven't a clue about cars so if anyone could post me a link to to the exact lamada sensor I need it would be of great help.
    Thanks again guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭cajonlardo

KALO wrote: »
    if anyone could post me a link to to the exact lamada sensor I need it would be of great help.
    Thanks again guys.

If you go on sparkplugs.co.uk you will get a drop down question options on right hand side.
    Fill in Make,Model and a few more details and it will give you the product I.D.

I did try it based on your O.P but there are more than one 1.4 engine and although I could guess it could be an expensive guess for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Not a DIY effort. Moved to main forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

Be wary of cheap lambda sensors. If its cheaper than 120 then its likely garbage

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

rex-x wrote: »
    Be wary of cheap lambda sensors. If its cheaper than 120 then its likely garbage

Disagree completely.ive fitted **** loads of sub 50 euro generic sensors.Never had an issue with any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

We have had endless trouble in the workshop with them, now its quality or nothing.

rex-x wrote: »
    We have had endless trouble in the workshop with them, now its quality or nothing.

Fair enough.Ive personally never had a single issue with them.

Advertisement