Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SERC 3 Peaks Sportive 07Apr2019

Options
  • 26-03-2019 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭

Time once again for the start of the Sportive season.

South East Road Club will be holding their 3 Peaks event on 7th April from Arklow Rock Parnells GAA club (with loads of parking next door).

Roughly 110km including Sleive Maan and the Shay Elliot (plus the new line kicker at the end) for the long route.

It's a great event and we get great reviews here on boards.

https://m.facebook.com/events/992619120931082

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

A great early season wake up call for the climbing legs.
    Shame I'll miss it this year, I'll have to make do with some climbs in the sun instead. SERC always put on a great event.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Always a great event.
    Great route.
    Always well organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭saccades

Hello All,

On-line registration has closed, there will be limited sign on, on the day.

We just had a Marshall's meeting and a couple of points to note.

There is loads of parking on the day, coming from the N11 you will be directed into a large compound 50 yards before Arklow Rocks GAA. The GAA grounds are a bit of a bottleneck so we are minimising using the parking there. Please do not park in the boxing club car park (it will be taped off), they are great neighbours but need the car park free.

There will be fliers with emergency contact numbers but I'd suggest taking a photo on your phone.

A final reminder that the marshals are not allowed to stop traffic, please follow any instructions from a Marshall as they are doing their best to keep everyone safe. This applies especially on the descent from Shay Elliot to glendalough where you will be told to stop in accordance to the rules of the road. It's a lovely fast decent but it ends in a blind bend and T junction. There will be a Marshall approx 100 meters before the junction.

I hope everyone has a great day, if you need a hand we'll be wearing SERC light blue with hi viz stuff.

Any other questions and I'll update the thread.

Advertisement