If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best soundbar

Options
  • 25-03-2019 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi Team,
    can you please advise which soundbar is better in terms of SQ for both movies and music ? How these compare ?

LG SK10Y
    Yamaha YSP2700
    Sonos PLAYBAR
    Polk MAGNIFI MAX SR
    Yamaha MUSICCAST BAR 400
    JBL BAR 5.1
    Sony HTZF9

I'm planning to buy a new LG OLED TV (OLED65B8) and thought LG SK10Y would be the best because it's the same brand, but wanted to check with you if you had a chance to hear and compare them. Thanks !

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,130 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

zhac wrote: »
    Hi Team,
    can you please advise which soundbar is better in terms of SQ for both movies and music ? How these compare ?

LG SK10Y
    Yamaha YSP2700
    Sonos PLAYBAR
    Polk MAGNIFI MAX SR
    Yamaha MUSICCAST BAR 400
    JBL BAR 5.1
    Sony HTZF9

I'm planning to buy a new LG OLED TV (OLED65B8) and thought LG SK10Y would be the best because it's the same brand, but wanted to check with you if you had a chance to hear and compare them. Thanks !
    Hi zhac,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you!

All of the soundbars you've listed are great and each have different features depending on what you're looking for.

If you're not looking for multi room functionality and are just looking for great sound I would stick with one of the Atmos soundbars like the LG SK10Y or the Sony HTZF9. Both of these would give a more spacious sound than the other bars but I would probably stick with the SK10Y as it sounds fantastic and also links in with the ThinQ AI system which is built into the TV so both can be controlled through voice commands.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 25 zhac

Hi Team,

LG SK10Y
    Yamaha YSP2700
    Sonos PLAYBAR
    Polk MAGNIFI MAX SR
    Yamaha MUSICCAST BAR 400
    JBL BAR 5.1
    Sony HTZF9

Hi zhac,

All of the soundbars you've listed are great and each have different features depending on what you're looking for.

If you're not looking for multi room functionality and are just looking for great sound I would stick with one of the Atmos soundbars like the LG SK10Y or the Sony HTZF9. Both of these would give a more spacious sound than the other bars but I would probably stick with the SK10Y as it sounds fantastic and also links in with the ThinQ AI system which is built into the TV so both can be controlled through voice commands.

Kind regards

David
    Hi David, thanks for the advice ! 

I was wondering what would be the best price with current promo and maybe a boardie  discount for LG SK10Y (also question is there a free WK7 Smart speaker included with this sound bar and UK website mentions  that there is additional 100£ off the soundbar when bought with a TV) and also 200£ off the 65 OLED TV's - also could you include 6 year warranty for the soundbar (TV already has 6 year warranty) if there is no additional discount  avail :) ?

OLED65B8 + SK10Y thanks !

Hi Team,

LG SK10Y
    Yamaha YSP2700
    Sonos PLAYBAR
    Polk MAGNIFI MAX SR
    Yamaha MUSICCAST BAR 400
    JBL BAR 5.1
    Sony HTZF9

Hi zhac,

Kind regards

David

I was wondering what would be the best price with current promo and maybe a boardie  discount for LG SK10Y (also question is there a free WK7 Smart speaker included with this sound bar and UK website mentions  that there is additional 100£ off the soundbar when bought with a TV) and also 200£ off the 65 OLED TV's - also could you include 6 year warranty for the soundbar (TV already has 6 year warranty) if there is no additional discount  avail :) ?

Hi zhac,

No problem,

The best price on an LG OLED65B8 with an SK10Y would be £2164.99 including shipping (this includes £200 off the TV, £100 off the soundbar and a free WK7.)

Let me know if you;d like to go ahead with that!

Kind regards

David

Hi Team,

LG SK10Y
    Yamaha YSP2700
    Sonos PLAYBAR
    Polk MAGNIFI MAX SR
    Yamaha MUSICCAST BAR 400
    JBL BAR 5.1
    Sony HTZF9

Hi zhac,

Kind regards

David

Hi zhac,

No problem,

The best price on an LG OLED65B8 with an SK10Y would be £2164.99 including shipping (this includes £200 off the TV, £100 off the soundbar and a free WK7.)

Kind regards

David
    Hey David, thanks for the quote. Could you do a "boardie" and include your 6 Year Warranty for the Soundbar for "free" if I buy above all together ? Thanks !

Hi Team,

LG SK10Y
    Yamaha YSP2700
    Sonos PLAYBAR
    Polk MAGNIFI MAX SR
    Yamaha MUSICCAST BAR 400
    JBL BAR 5.1
    Sony HTZF9

Hi zhac,

Kind regards

David

Hi zhac,

No problem,

Kind regards

David
    Hey David, thanks for the quote. Could you do a "boardie" and include your 6 Year Warranty for the Soundbar for "free" if I buy above all together ? Thanks !
    Hi zhac,

I couldn't I'm afraid, with the amount of promotions running on that I wouldn't be able to throw in a 6 year on the soundbar. The TV does come with a free 6 year and I could do a 6 year on the soundbar for £61.90.

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

I don't mean to hijack the thread but can I ask if that £100 off the LG SK10Y only counts when buying the TV? I have an LG B7 (bought from yourselves) and have been considering that soundbar lately, a discount like that could push me over the edge. Thanks.

correction wrote: »
    I don't mean to hijack the thread but can I ask if that £100 off the LG SK10Y only counts when buying the TV? I have an LG B7 (bought from yourselves) and have been considering that soundbar lately, a discount like that could push me over the edge. Thanks.
    No problem correction,

It is I'm afraid, the savings are only for when purchased with another TV.

I could do you a stand alone one at £699 if you like but it would need to be grouped with a TV for the £100 voucher.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Thanks for that Kenny. That's still a tempting price. Could you give me your best price for the LG SK9Y as well if possible and I'll present the two options at home this evening. I've been given the go ahead by herself to get one of them. Thanks.

Hi Team,

LG SK10Y
    Yamaha YSP2700
    Sonos PLAYBAR
    Polk MAGNIFI MAX SR
    Yamaha MUSICCAST BAR 400
    JBL BAR 5.1
    Sony HTZF9

Hi zhac,

Kind regards

David

Hi zhac,

No problem,
    £2150

Kind regards

David
    Hi zhac,

I couldn't I'm afraid, with the amount of promotions running on that I wouldn't be able to throw in a 6 year on the soundbar. The TV does come with a free 6 year and I could do a 6 year on the soundbar for £61.90.

Kind regards

David
    Hi David, thanks for that. I'll think about it and make a decision soon

• Company Representative Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi Team,

LG SK10Y
    Yamaha YSP2700
    Sonos PLAYBAR
    Polk MAGNIFI MAX SR
    Yamaha MUSICCAST BAR 400
    JBL BAR 5.1
    Sony HTZF9

Hi zhac,

Kind regards

David

Hi zhac,

No problem,
    £2150

Kind regards

David
    Hi zhac,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David, thanks for that. I'll think about it and make a decision  soon
    Hi zhac,

No problem, keep me posted!

Kind regards]

David

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.