Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing in Spain

Options
  • 26-03-2019 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Going to Spain on holidays in June and will be taking my rod with me for some shore/rock fishing, I understand you need a shore licence to fish over there. There are some websites which you can apply for the license through an agent but just wondering has anyone any experience with such before going over?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭OwlEye

These guys get good reviews,

https://spanishfishinglicence.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Flipperdipper

I travelled around Spain for about six weeks last year and was thinking of doing the same. You need a permit from each area (county) that you want to fish in. You can do it yourself by going to the local county council office (Spanish equivalent) or pay a company to do the paperwork for you. In my case it would have worked out at over €160 to cover the areas I was in. Not worth it for maybe a few hours fishing. The Spanish embassy in Dublin were very helpful, sorry I don't have a link.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭RKMG

I travelled around Spain for about six weeks last year and was thinking of doing the same. You need a permit from each area (county) that you want to fish in. You can do it yourself by going to the local county council office (Spanish equivalent) or pay a company to do the paperwork for you. In my case it would have worked out at over €160 to cover the areas I was in. Not worth it for maybe a few hours fishing. The Spanish embassy in Dublin were very helpful, sorry I don't have a link.

I did a bit of reading on it the other day, from what I have read I think once you have a licence from one area it will cover you for all of Spain

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I won't lie. I have fished in Spain lots of times while on holidays ( brought a small telescopic with me) and it never once occurred that I would need a licence to fish from the shore there. Oops.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭RKMG

SeaFields wrote: »
    I won't lie. I have fished in Spain lots of times while on holidays ( brought a small telescopic with me) and it never once occurred that I would need a licence to fish from the shore there. Oops.

Yeah I couldn't believe it myself as was in Greece last year and had some great lure fishing from the shore but suppose I don't want to take the chance either!

have you had much luck over there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Yeah caught lots of small fish there. Various colours, shapes and sizes. Bring small hooks as the ones in the tourist areas are too big -size 8-10s I would say - and just use bread or some squid bought in the supermarket. I didn't take it too seriously now, just nipped out for an hour when time allowed and was in the main tourist destinations. There's probably a lot more potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Flipperdipper

RKMG wrote: »
    I think once you have a licence from one area it will cover you for all of Spain

That's not the information I got, maybe it's changed in the last 12 months. Different areas had different charges and I think some insisted on public liability insurance. You could walk along a beach fishing and without realising it find yourself in a different area/zone/county. A nightmare, that's why I didn't bother. Drop an email to the Spanish Embassy just to double check.

Advertisement