Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online tyres takes long time to arrive

• 04-02-2019 6:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

I ordered two tyres from eiretyres.com on 21st of January.
    Its now 4th February and no sign of the tyres.

They are completely unconcerned and unapologetic on the phone.

Their website says 3 working days for delivery.
    So far that makes it... what? ... Ten?

Anyone know if oponeo.ie is the same crowd under a different name is it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭kerten

vidapura wrote: »

They are completely unconcerned and apologetic on the phone.

camskill is faster as they are uk based. it was 3 days in last order I had.

I used tyreleader before and delivery was around 7 days in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Did you not get a tracking number for whatever courier they're using? Were the tyres in stock when you ordered them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,477 ✭✭✭✭blade1

They are completely unconcerned and apologetic on the phone.

I use oponeo must of the time and pneus as well sometimes.
    Find them very good.

The 3 day delivery thing you mentioned is normally 3 days max from when they leave the warehouse, with most companies I think.
    They don't make it clear though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I've used Eiretyres twice and delivery was within 5 days on both occasions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

I've used oponeo a few times and found them fantastic too.

Forget the delivery times but it was reasonable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭w211

This is not the local seller, that is the problem.
    Delticom AG
    Brühlstr. 11
    30169 Hannover
    Germany
    Telephone: 0035 3768887661 (toll free) or 0049-511-93634640 (Monday to Friday from 7 am to 9 pm)
    Fax: 0049-89-208080815

The next time please make your homework and order from local supplier if you rush

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Used tyreleader.ie few weeks back, arrived in 4 working days via DPD

As I said above simply saying there's "no sign of the tyres" is pretty meaningless ... Were they in stock when you ordered? If so, did they actually dispatch them yet, yes or no? Who was the courier? What does the courier's tracking website say regarding their current whereabouts? If they weren't in stock, what was the projected time to get them in stock? Etc. etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Eiretyres are German base tyre seller, while Oponeo are Polish based tyre seller.

I'd rate their service as very similar and always ordered whoever offered better price (it varies a lot so you can't assume one is cheaper than other).

Both have fairly long delivery times though. Up to 2 weeks usually it was for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Hi Op
    I have used Camskill three times and found them great.
    Delivery about 3-5days.

Now that was a couple of years ago the last time I used them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭koutoubia

CiniO wrote: »
    Both have fairly long delivery times though. Up to 2 weeks usually it was for me.
    Last time I ordered form Openeo it took over 10 working days as they informed me when I was questioning where the tyres were the replied they are waiting on stock form the manufacturer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,293 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Camskill used to be competitive when sterling was cheap but now it's not so much and their delivery charges just make them more expensive these days than the likes of tyreleader and openeo. Eiretyres haven't been cheap for me in years.

All these places have warehouses across Europe so delivery times depends on stock availability and where they are being shipped from. 5 working days is usually the minimum wait time for me with any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Hebegeebee

Exactly what @bazz26 said above.

I've ordered twice recently from tyreleader. Their office is in Liechtenstein IIRC, but each time the tyres were actually shipped from the Netherlands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

They are completely unconcerned and unapologetic on the phone.

No. Oponeo are Polish, EireTyres German AFAIR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Ranting about an online delivery that takes longer than it should? Eiretyres would be no different to every other online business then, sometime orders take longer than expected. Bit unfair to single them out.

Tyres are not something you order online if you need them in haste.

Ranting about an online delivery that takes longer than it should? Eiretyres would be no different to every other online business then, sometime orders take longer than expected. Bit unfair to single them out.

I read the OP post complaining not about the delivery taking longer - it sometimes happens. Where the problem is are the CS that don't give a $...t about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 petarku

exactly this is what is happening to me with tyreleader.ie I order the tyres on 11th of March and they are still not delivered.
    Their customer service is useless, only thing that they are giving to me as info is thing that i can already read from dpd parcel tracking service where it is written that tyres are in Mechelen (Belgium) in transit since 13th of March.
    First time I ordered tyres from internet and I am really surprised with this "quality" of support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭corks finest

petarku wrote: »
    exactly this is what is happening to me with tyreleader.ie I order the tyres on 11th of March and they are still not delivered.
    Their customer service is useless, only thing that they are giving to me as info is thing that i can already read from dpd parcel tracking service where it is written that tyres are in Mechelen (Belgium) in transit since 13th of March.
    First time I ordered tyres from internet and I am really surprised with this "quality" of support.
    That's me not ever ordering tyres online,,,was looking for next month' ,shag it I'll go local

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Have you or the company actually asked DPD where the consignment is?

• Advertisement

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Have you or the company actually asked DPD where the consignment is?

@petarku has no contract with DPD, just Tyreleader. He should contact the vendor, and they should stand on their hair trying to locate the package. They don't - and that's the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you need the tyres pronto, there is only one option - shop local.
    If you can wait and want them cheaper then buy online.
    Any time I buy tyres online I just get a rough ETA which is fine as I am in no rush to put them on.

biko wrote: »
    If you need the tyres pronto, there is only one option - shop local.
    If you can wait and want them cheaper then buy online.
    Any time I buy tyres online I just get a rough ETA which is fine as I am in no rush to put them on.

Not good enough imo.
    I'm ordering tyres online with years for cars and motorbikes and never waited over a week.
    It's not unreasonable for a customer to expect their tyres in a week give or take a few days.
    It's not AliExpress at all.
    Plenty of websites give you the info that they are either in stock or ship in 1-2 days etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

grogi wrote: »
    @petarku has no contract with DPD, just Tyreleader. He should contact the vendor, and they should stand on their hair trying to locate the package. They don't - and that's the issue.

I've rung courier services before and just quoted the tracking number to chase up parcels,

• Registered Users Posts: 14 petarku

Spook_ie wrote: »
    I've rung courier services before and just quoted the tracking number to chase up parcels,

i was calling DPD and they said that will come back to me and nothing happened. In fairness I would expect tyreleader to be on their back but I guess they will just start working on this during the week as in tyreleader terms that i accepted is written that i dont have right for refund until 20 days from ordering which will be on 1st of April.

On separate note , does anyone know why they are separating 4 tyres in the packs of 2 when they are sending with dpd ?
    My 2 tyres arrived today but the other 2 are still in Mechelen since 13th of March ?!

i was calling DPD and they said that will come back to me and nothing happened. In fairness I would expect tyreleader to be on their back but I guess they will just start working on this during the week as in tyreleader terms that i accepted is written that i dont have right for refund until 20 days from ordering which will be on 1st of April.

On separate note , does anyone know why they are separating 4 tyres in the packs of 2 when they are sending with dpd ?
    My 2 tyres arrived today but the other 2 are still in Mechelen since 13th of March ?!

They sometimes even send tyres completely separate.
    Each tyre can have a different tracking number so nothing to worry about there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,293 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Just like Amazone, etc these online tyre companies have warehouses across multiple countries so it is quite normal for them to dispatch parts of an order from different locations depending on stock availability.

Advertisement