Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Petrol

• 02-03-2019 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭

I see the price difference between petrol and diesel is getting less and less.

In a couple of places today I notice they are the same
    price! (Or something like 135.8 V 135.3)

Any reason for this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Moghead

Dunno the reason but the applegreen I normally use has petrol and diesel both for 127.8 I thought they must have made a mistake on the sign!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,432 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Interesting, I normally only ever see .9 to the cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭obi604

Dont get you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Apparently diesels bad for you now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

I'd noticed this and was trying to work it out too.

I honestly reckon the stations see the trend shifting off diesel cars are just trying to milk what they can before demand drops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Strange diesel gone up to petrol prices and not the other way round, petrol prices dropping to diesel prices,as petrol now better for environment.
    i know it wouldn't happen!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

I often see .5, .7, .8 etc

Shop around folks. Get the best price even if you only save a quid or two per tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,674 ✭✭✭obi604

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Strange diesel gone up to petrol prices and not the other way round, petrol prices dropping to diesel prices,as petrol now better for environment.
    i know it wouldn't happen!

Long may it continue.

I think in UK that diesel was always dearer , not sure now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,412 ✭✭✭ofcork

5c a litre difference in my local garage.

• Advertisement

obi604 wrote: »
    Long may it continue.
    If it was petrol coming down, yes. But its diesel going up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Moghead wrote: »
    Dunno the reason but the applegreen I normally use has petrol and diesel both for 127.8 I thought they must have made a mistake on the sign!

Where is unleaded and diesel to be got for €1.278 per litre at the moment out of curiosity?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Petrol did go down over the last 3 months. Diesel has been pretty much stable in price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭9935452

Petrol did go down over the last 3 months. Diesel has been pretty much stable in price.

Both have come down in price.
    But petrol has come down more.
    https://www.mylpg.eu/stations/ireland/prices

Advertisement