Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2003 Suzuki Wagon R failed emissions on NCT

Options
  • 26-10-2018 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

As stated in the title, I have a 2003 Suzuki Wagon R that failed emissions by a good margin when I brought it for a test today. CO value was 10.30% and the HC value was 4900. Am I right in thinking this is a bad O2 sensor or has something more catastrophic happened?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

Quinntan wrote: »
    As stated in the title, I have a 2003 Suzuki Wagon R that failed emissions by a good margin when I brought it for a test today. CO value was 10.30% and the HC value was 4900. Am I right in thinking this is a bad O2 sensor or has something more catastrophic happened?

Post a picture of the report, you have no hope of help without that

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Quinntan

rex-x wrote: »
    Post a picture of the report, you have no hope of help without that

https://imgur.com/a/uG0W7E7

Here’s the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

That is massively overfueling for some reason. Is there an engine light on?

It could be down to faulty lambda sensor but It should have thrown on your engine management light, I'd like to see live data of the sensors before replacing them... if it's been lile this for a while you catalytic converter might be damaged also

Advertisement