Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Finding out the reason for my penalty points

• 24-10-2018 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭noddy78779

Hi everyone,

Long story short, I got penalty points a few years ago and still have another year or so left on them. I've misplaced lost the sheet they sent me originally detailing when my points will expire and also the actual reason for my penalty points in the first place e.g. speeding, dangerous, careless driving etc.

Does anyone know a way that I can find out the reason itself for the points as my insurance company wants to know but I can't remember the actual wording itself since it was for an accident and not for speeding itself. I've read on the garda website to contact the RSA for details on how many points I have, would they also have on file the reasoning for it??

Thanks!

Comments

In fairness you kind of answered your own question by stating you read on the Garda website you can contact the RSA. I can’t imagine it would be written there were it not true. If you also contact the Garda station local to where the accident was they should have a record of it, but given the Gardaí can be a bit useless at times contacting the RSA should do.

Advertisement