Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fuel prices increasing!

• 31-05-2018 8:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,672 ✭✭✭✭

The prices are creeping up !!
    €1.38 per litre of diesel in the local garage !! It was 1.31 a couple of weeks ago.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭lovelyhurler

I've noticed that too.
    Seems to be creeping up by a cent nearly every 2 days or so, despite that fact that the worldwode price of crude is falling..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

greenspurs wrote: »
    The prices are creeping up !!
    €1.38 per litre of diesel in the local garage !! It was 1.31 a couple of weeks ago.

M7 this morning €1.40.9 for diesel!!!

Oil prices go up, pump prices go up straight away. Oil prices go down, take 3 months to drop 2c!!!! :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I was very surprised on my last fill. 1.379 3 weeks ago for petrol, 1.449 last week. 7 cent increase is the biggest I've seen so far, in quite a short amount of time too.

It was 1.349 and 1.359 around October but has been sitting close to 1.399 for the past few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,986 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Currency fluctuations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

€1.47.9 in Letterkenny for unleaded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭duffman13

€1.47.9 in Letterkenny for unleaded.

Nothing less than 150.9 on the N7 this morning, with one place 152.9. 8 cent a litre between highest and lowest petrol price on my drive this morning. Ranging from 144.7 in Appelgreen Kilkenny to 152.9 in Maxol on the N7. Crazy prices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Recently changed my tiny petrol car to a Diesel for my current driving needs, I'm now paying the exact same amount for Diesel than I did a few weeks ago for petrol. Hurts a bit in the wallet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,672 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Where does GO get its fuel from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

€1.46 at my usual place this week when about a month ago it was €1.35. Absolutely insane price increase. I've seen a place in Cork City that was €1.50 in recent days, too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

€1.42 for petrol today at topaz & maxol, singland, Dublin rd, Limerick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,411 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Looks like above €1.50 soon, the Euro has tanked against the Dollar the last few months.

On the plus side I do recall about 12 years ago the Temple Of Doom Merchants saying fuel was only going up because it was running out when it was over €1.80 a litre. This was pre shale exploration and the discovery of massive reserves off countries in South America.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

NIMAN wrote: »
    Currency fluctuations?

Yes the Euro is taking a battering due to the risk of Italy crashing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

As far as I know, factors are:
    • OPEC producers have colluded to restrict production
    • Problems with Iran
    • Problems with Venezuela

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Del2005 wrote: »
    Yes the Euro is taking a battering due to the risk of Italy crashing it.

I don't have much experience or knowledge of import goods so I'm just using my knowledge in work with chemical imports but customs entries with Revenue use fixed rates for the month. Last month was $1.2286 and this month is $1.2388. Would this not apply for oil?

Although I presume not, as fuel prices change like the weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭mikeecho

bodonnell wrote: »
    €1.42 for petrol today at topaz & maxol, singland, Dublin rd, Limerick

€1.49,9 in cork for (regular)petrol during the week at a topaz., and the diesel is €1.38,9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,574 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

fatbhoy wrote: »
    As far as I know, factors are:
    • OPEC producers have colluded to restrict production
    • Problems with Iran
    • Problems with Venezuela

The usual list of BS excuses so? As I recall, the stats from across Europe the last time there was a general price rise showed that the prices in Ireland rose more than anywhere else in the EU, and stayed up for longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

1.33 for diesel at my preferred garage on monday, 1.43 at my local. Shop around!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Reati

The usual list of BS excuses so? As I recall, the stats from across Europe the last time there was a general price rise showed that the prices in Ireland rose more than anywhere else in the EU, and stayed up for longer.

Of course. Who goes into the garage or to the HQ and says "Here look, a barrel of oil is this, your costs are this and the price should be that"

No, this is Ireland where the "we're local" business tries to squeeze every last cent from people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭ec18

you'd nearly prefer an EV at this rate rather than supporting the petrol industry cartel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

ec18 wrote: »
    you'd nearly prefer an EV at this rate rather than supporting the petrol industry cartel

never! not one of those are even slightly attractive looking things (bar a tesla which i will never be able to afford either way). Also range & charge time etc......love my diesel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

On the plus side I do recall about 12 years ago the Temple Of Doom Merchants saying fuel was only going up because it was running out when it was over €1.80 a litre. This was pre shale exploration and the discovery of massive reserves off countries in South America.
    Discovery of massive reserves? What are these, any details? We have not discovered anything massive for decades. Oil discoveries are at an all-time low and falling. At the same time the cost of extracting whatever is left is rising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Seweryn wrote: »
    Discovery of massive reserves? What are these, any details? We have not discovered anything massive for decades. Oil discoveries are at an all-time low and falling. At the same time the cost of extracting whatever is left is rising.

Massive oil reserves found in the water off Guyana.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Agent_47

you think that's bad, Algarve today: Diesel is €1.49, petrol is €1.845.

Lowest is €1.55 for petrol but that is with Jumbo retail probably with coupons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

its going up everywhere, even here in the US

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

mikeecho wrote: »
    Massive oil reserves found in the water off Guyana.
    Oh, yeah... That is really massive. The well may start producing by the end of the decade and holds an impressive volume of... about one week of global oil consumption :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭honda boi

Topaz in mullingar was 1.345 for diesel. 1.445 for petrol.
    1.305 with fuel card,so not that bad.
    Kells topaz was 1.539 for petrol and 1.439 for diesel.
    Mental price difference !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭cml387

Last February Brent crude was around $60. It peaked earlier this month at nearly $80.
    I know we'd all like to think there's a great conspiracy to screw the motorist, but the fact is oil prices are ticking upwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Reati

cml387 wrote: »
    Last February Brent crude was around $60. It peaked earlier this month at nearly $80.
    I know we'd all like to think there's a great conspiracy to screw the motorist, but the fact is oil prices are ticking upwards.

Please. Don't come here with facts. You're on the big pharma.. Wait sorry, big oil payroll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I thought the signs were wrong when I went to get fuel and checked just to be sure.

Bike will be getting more use.

Advertisement