Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost power on SPC system

Options
  • 28-09-2020 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭

We had an electrician install an EV charger on Friday and while he was finishing up in the fusebox one of the trip switches went a few times. He said the fuseboard was old and could do with replacing.

Around that time I got an error in the app and a text saying “Controller Mains Fault”. I tried a web search but didn’t get anything useful. Alarm was still working with that fault inhibited so I didn’t think much of it. Last night I got another text: Controller Battery Fault and the alarm control panel has been without power since. The fused spur next to the alarm itself is still lit so I don’t think power is the issue.

Any suggestions on what to do? Could it be the alarm internal power supply or transformer is blown?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

So I figured the fuse blew because of the circuit RCD tripping repeatedly.

Anyone here know if I should use a quick blow fuse or a time delay one? i'm thinking the former.

Advertisement