Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA clubs

Options
  • 07-09-2020 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi there,

Have been living in Dublin for about 10 years from the time I started in college. For various different reasons I find myself with little or no life beyond work & most of my friends have either moved away or relations have just fizzled out.

I'm 29 and thinking of joining a GAA club in Dublin on the southside. My major concern is that 29 is a bit old to be joining a club. I am quite overweight and in the process of losing it so I would be using this as a way of making new friends and staying in shape.

Any club recommendations.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭Gael85

Hi there,

Have been living in Dublin for about 10 years from the time I started in college. For various different reasons I find myself with little or no life beyond work & most of my friends have either moved away or relations have just fizzled out.

I'm 29 and thinking of joining a GAA club in Dublin on the southside. My major concern is that 29 is a bit old to be joining a club. I am quite overweight and in the process of losing it so I would be using this as a way of making new friends and staying in shape.

Any club recommendations.

Thanks!

Where are you living? St James Gaels/An Caislean always looking for new players. We have Division 11 team which is mostly of players who hadn't played for a few years. The lads train once a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Where are you living? That will determine what club you could join. All clubs will be welcoming to new members.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,828 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Gael85 wrote: »
    Where are you living? St James Gaels/An Caislean always looking for new players. We have Division 11 team which is mostly of players who hadn't played for a few years. The lads train once a week.

And their neighbours Realt Dearg have a third string hurling team as well if you want to be a dual player.

Advertisement