Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 - 1000 mile challenge - year 11

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

aquinn wrote: »
    Currently on 1,401 miles. Amazing really since at the start of the year I was receiving weekly chemo. After chemo came daily radiotheraphy. To say I am proud of myself is an understatement.

Amazing stuff A. Been following on Strava.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Currently on 1,401 miles. Amazing really since at the start of the year I was receiving weekly chemo. After chemo came daily radiotheraphy. To say I am proud of myself is an understatement.

No words needed. An amazing achievement from one tough little cookie. A real life legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

That post should be compulsory reading for anyone trying to make excuses! Awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ArtieFufkin

Outstanding. Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Trickled over the 1,000 mile mark yesterday two weeks later than last year.
    Should have gotten there earlier but the latter half of the year has been punctured with injuries - some running related and some not.

Nice to get it ticked off all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭curtisbrown

Hit 3,000 miles this morning. Hope to reach 5,000km for the year... seeing that kms are a recognised unit of measurement :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭lulublue22

Fab achievement - well done I’m in awe of your determination!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

3,001 miles - 8th-year in a row >3k

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭4Ad

1'925 miles..
    Only realised you could check your mileage on Garmin last week...
    Never knew my mileage was so high, I was shocked but delighted...
    I'll crawl the next 75 miles if I have to..

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    3,001 miles - 8th-year in a row >3k

Wow..well done...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Got there in the end...

2018: 33m
    2019: 602m
    2020: 1001m plus 2 weeks to go

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

just past 3,000 today, i suppose i better go over 5kkm now

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭axe2grind

Passed 1k 3 weeks ago, didn't mange it past 2 years after 6 successive yrs. I don't seem to be in the positions tab?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

And proud you should be. That kind of mileage is an achievement at the best of times, even more of an achievement given the year we have had. However, given the year YOU have had, it is simply inspirational to say the absolute least. You are a legend.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Myksyk

Just finished my final 10k of the year to complete my first 1000 mile year.

Cut it much tighter than I would have liked but delighted to have maintained the commitment and motivation to get it done. I learned a lot.

This thread really helped.

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

That's me done for the year. Just over 1600 miles.
    I'm delighted to have maintained some kind of positivity and momentum despite such a poxy year.

15 x 400m intervals in a total of 18km today to send 2020 off with a massive kick in the hole

Happy New Year everyone
    May 2021 bring you the races and results you deserve

Finished with 2060 miles..
    Cant imagine I'll get that many in ever again..

Stay injury free everyone, and hopefully 2021 will be better for all of us!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Not quiet a full house in 2020

537835.PNG

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Finished off my year with a half marathon run around the city centre this evening with some club mates wondering at the empty streets and closed bars, whilst trying not to slip over on the ice... then a paper cup of something bubbly, some Christmas cake drenched in brandy and a shot of Sloe Gin I'd made earlier in the year drunk at a social distance in the corner of a dark church car park. The miles took me over 1500miles for the year, finally, and the event made for a memorable end to the year that would never have anticipated occurring.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,110 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Strava says 1686km for the year, which is 1047 mls!

I made it! The thread, I mean. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ultrawoman

Finished the year on 2,417 miles. By April, I pretty much knew the way the year was going and that most of my races, if not all, would be either cancelled or too tricky to do with travel/quarantine issues, so gave up ultra training and tried not to focus on mileage at all, so 2020 was the lowest total for me since 2015.

2021 brings a return to ultra training and races (hopefully!!!!) so watch out leaderboard. I'm back :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Disappointing year for me. With various injuries (which I still have not shaken), work and the general disruption to life I only managed 767 miles for the year. I am aiming for 100 miles in Jan 2021 and will achieve that and do my best for the year after that.

Congrats to all for your achievements this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

3005 miles for me for the year, 375 more than my previous highest mileage in a year. I've ran every day since the middle of February so thinking of keeping that up until I hit the year mark and then taking a break. Having the target of 3000 miles has been great motivation for the last few months with no races on the cards.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Shiny new 2021 thread now available hear:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058145621

Advertisement