Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insuring a car-van Ford Focus

Options
  • 12-09-2020 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Can I insure my Ford Focus car-van on a regular car policy as I’m only using it as a car?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

JT1234 wrote: »
    Can I insure my Ford Focus car-van on a regular car policy as I’m only using it as a car?

Nope needs to be a commercial policy, as it's registered as a commercial vehicle, and commercial tax based on cc so going to be expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

Del2005 wrote: »
    Nope needs to be a commercial policy, as it's registered as a commercial vehicle, and commercial tax based on cc so going to be expensive.

I had a focus van previously and for whatever bizarre reason it was taxed as a car, not a van, had to NCT it. It wasn’t mine, was a work vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

hurikane wrote: »
    I had a focus van previously and for whatever bizarre reason it was taxed as a car, not a van, had to NCT it. It wasn’t mine, was a work vehicle.

Depends on what's on the VLC. M1 category vehicle (Motor Car) if N2 (Goods Vehicle), your van must have been registered as a motor car not a goods vehicle.

Advertisement