Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clampers use spotter workaround

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,493 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I've never heard of obvious marked delivery vehicles being clamped, and besides they wouldn't be hanging around for more than 10 mins to make a drop and get back.
    It is suggested (but not clarified) that the vehicle was there for 26 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

tcawley29 wrote: »
    Read the post again. Its actually 5 mins

Sorry suggest you get the Ladybird book on "Telling the Time"
    The issue with a single clamper not observing your vehicle for 10 minutes, is that the spotter sees your car at 6am with no ticket, but the payment time is 7am-7pm. They note the reg and send to a colleague.

You leave at 6.30am and return at 7.30am. You walk off to buy a ticket.

Clamper no. 2 drivers up at 7.35am and clamps your car despite legislation disallowing that. How is that fair?

You've been parked illegally since 7.00 am and getting clamped at 7.35AM Your 10 minutes grace starts at 7.00A.M, not from when you decide to go and find a machine to pay.

EDIT Ignore the above I just re-read it and applied some perverse grammar to the original post and figured they meant that they drove away and returned an hour later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Sorry suggest you get the Ladybird book on "Telling the Time"

You've been parked illegally since 7.00 am and getting clamped at 7.35AM Your 10 minutes grace starts at 7.00A.M, not from when you decide to go and find a machine to pay.

EDIT Ignore the above I just re-read it and applied some perverse grammar to the original post and figured they meant that they drove away and returned an hour later.

Actually read it again once more, it might sink in this time if you sound out all the words slowly.

You leave at 6:30

You return at 7:30

You're clamped at 7:35

7:35 - 7:30 is 5 mins when I went to school

Just saw your update. Good to see we're now on the same page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,495 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

errlloyd wrote: »
    I think the grace period is supposed to allow you to buy a ticket. I don't it is supposed to add time onto the end of your ticket.

In Dun Laoghaire, it's both. You get 15 mins at each end......

Q. Is there a grace period in DLRCC’s administrative area before payment of paid parking is required?

A. A grace period of 15 minutes is applied before payment is required to be made to park a vehicle in a paid parking area, and it applies on expiry of the paid parking payment before a further payment is required or the vehicle should be removed.

https://www.dlrcoco.ie/sites/default/files/atoms/files/paid_parking_information_leaflet_1.pdf

I've never heard of obvious marked delivery vehicles being clamped

It's literally the exact example that is in the article. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,495 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Can't see why there is a fuss about spotters. In the early days of Dublin City clamping, the company involved used to have a few people on mopeds going around spotting. They would report back and the van would arrive soon after to clamp the offending vehicles. That was the plan.

The flaw in the plan was that the spotters were easily spotted - by eagle-eyed people working at the front of the various office buildings. So a moped would arrive, say in Lr. Baggot St., outside Bank of Ireland HQ. A person would dismount, check out the cars in the area and then depart. Whereupon the work went round inside and a flood of people woud run out to pump the meter. Clampers would arrive a few minutes later, only to find there was 100% compliance. No business here.

So the spotters were withdrawn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭corks finest

errlloyd wrote: »
    So the workaround here is that a vehicle is "spotted" by one clamper, who doesn't want to wait around for it's grace period to expire. So he notifies a whatsapp group of his colleagues (presumably) and if one of them is in the area a few minutes later they can clamp it.

****in robbers

Advertisement