Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google's Birthday - 22% off on selected products

• 27-09-2020 1:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

Google is 22 years old on Sunday.

To celebrate for one day only, Google will be offering some discounts on a number of products.

Enter code: GOOGLEBDAY22 at checkout for a 22% discount on selected devices.

Google Store

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Peadar06 wrote: »
    Google is 22 years old on Sunday.

To celebrate for one day only, Google will be offering some discounts on a number of products.

Enter code: GOOGLEBDAY22 at checkout for a 22% discount on selected devices.

Any particular products from the entire range available on the planet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Peadar06

Any particular products from the entire range available on the planet?

Not valid on Pixel 4a, Pixel Buds, Pixelbook Go, and Nest Aware. Seems everything else is discounted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Peadar06 wrote: »
    Not valid on Pixel 4a, Pixel Buds, Pixelbook Go, and Nest Aware. Seems everything else is discounted.

Pretty unless you are getting Nest gear. They could have thrown a couple of % of the phones. B thought they would discount 4a given they won't be delivered until next month when two new phones that supercede it are being announced in a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭drogon.

Darn The leaked chromecast still isn’t out yet, had my eye on one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Even with the discount most these things are cheaper to buy elsewhere.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Thanks OP, needed a chromecast for a present.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭bawnBeag

Would you go for the pixel 4xl 128gb with this deal or hold out for the 5?

bawnBeag wrote: »
    Would you go for the pixel 4xl 128gb with this deal or hold out for the 5?

No deal, discount does not apply to phones. Would wait the 4a 5g and 5 are being announced in a couple of days.

Black friday may discount phones.

wingnut wrote: »
    No deal, discount does not apply to phones. Would wait the 4a 5g and 5 are being announced in a couple of days.

Black friday may discount phones.

Actually the discount does apply to pixel 4 not 4a as it preorder.
    You can save €216 on pixel 4xl 128 gb

• Advertisement

No deal, discount does not apply to phones.

"Not valid on Pixel 4a, Pixel Buds, Pixelbook Go, and Nest Aware. "

So the code will work with the 3a/4/4 XL.

Seems like a very good deal on the 4 XL, doubt you can find it cheaper. :)

I think I'll take a chance and wait for the 5. I have a 2xl and prefer the finger print reader rather than face unlock. Reviews on the 4xl seem a bit meh. Anyone any experience with an upgrade from 2xl to 4xl?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I have a Pixel 4XL, it's a great phone, reports the Pixel 5 wont be as powerful and are going for a cheaper option to make it more appealing to people, strange decision from Google if that is the case, but I get it in the current climate...

Fieldog wrote: »
    I have a Pixel 4XL, it's a great phone, reports the Pixel 5 wont be as powerful and are going for a cheaper option to make it more appealing to people, strange decision from Google if that is the case, but I get it in the current climate...

Did you upgrade from a 2xl?

bawnBeag wrote: »
    Did you upgrade from a 2xl?

Standard sized Pixel 2....

Fieldog wrote: »

What's the battery life like on the xl because that's what killed the 4?

• 7T Pro: 8H12M From 4085mAh
    • P4XL: 8H30M From 3700mAh
    • Note 10+: 8H38M From 4300mAh
    • iPhone 11 Pro MAX: 9H13M From 3969mAh

I tend to get a full day and more out of it most of the time, and some days like today I am flat out on it, at 37% left currently, sometimes when I put it on the charger it would be at 30% when going to bed...

I believe the standard 4 had issues with battery life but I am quite impressed with the P4XL and don't see wanting an update on it this year, the face unlock took probably a day of getting used to it coming from Pixel 2 but it tends to just work and is quite fast...

Advertisement