Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing transactions on bank of ireland

Options
  • 27-09-2020 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

I have bought something on the 16th and 17th this month. Couple days of checking on my 365 online I could clearly see the transactions.

Until yestarday. Just realized I've got more money on the account then I should (I might have logded some money in the meantime) but the transactions are missing.

Now I don't know weather I've been refunded or not. The total amount paid including two transactions was about 510 euros. The amount i could have logded would be 500.

I wonder what is the story with missing transactions? If it was a refund wouldn't it show on the statements and wouldn't it be 510? They surly can't round it down to 500 right? And two separate transactions cannot be refunded as one can they?

Thanks,
    Damian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

damtyk1 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have bought something on the 16th and 17th this month. Couple days of checking on my 365 online I could clearly see the transactions.

Until yestarday. Just realized I've got more money on the account then I should (I might have logded some money in the meantime) but the transactions are missing.

Now I don't know weather I've been refunded or not. The total amount paid including two transactions was about 510 euros. The amount i could have logded would be 500.

I wonder what is the story with missing transactions? If it was a refund wouldn't it show on the statements and wouldn't it be 510? They surly can't round it down to 500 right? And two separate transactions cannot be refunded as one can they?

Thanks,
    Damian
    Hi damtyk1, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie

We would suggest contacting the retailer to check if they have processed the original debits and if the purchase was successful. If the payments failed on their side the amounts would have shown on your account for up to five business days and then removed if the retailer has not fully processed them. A card payment can fail if the retailer's system does not receive the purchase authorisation code issued by the bank. 

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement