Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why haven't certain Songs, Movies and Books been cancelled yet?

2»

Comments

Nothing to add to the discussion here. Oh wait, except this maybe. Nothing creepy though. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

.....Are there any books, movies or songs that deeply offend you......
    Well; anything that has Morrissey or Ian Brown on vocals. But that's mainly because neither of them could hold a note in a bucket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Nothing to add to the discussion here. Oh wait, except this maybe. Nothing creepy though. :)

Now that is creepy it was even used in an advert; fairly recently we will have had it ringing around our homes. Subliminal devilry I tells ya

• Registered Users Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Lurleen wrote: »
    Patti Smith is beloved of feminists and the queer community. Rock n' Roll N*gger is about being a woman in rock at the time. Were it not for her standing, I wouldn't be surprised if the context were ignored and offence taken. I don't think Patti (one of my idols) would have time for today's feminism though. She's a no-bullsh1t person.

Yeah Buju Banton was the most notorious for that. I always found the aggressive machismo and misogyny of so much hip hop vile. Great, intelligent hip-hop artists like De La Soul and A Tribe Called Quest weren't as successful. Public Enemy were for a while I guess.

I must admit I love watching the dancers in the background in Bujus video of murderer, old grey whistle test I think it was

I must admit I love watching the dancers in the background in Bujus video of murderer, old grey whistle test I think it was

Haha you want that big bazunu up in your face :P

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Haha you want that big bazunu up in your face :P

Ah no they dance with such attitude and then at the very end the one on the right seems to give the finger to the camera

Go on it was jools. Only in your mind was it whistle test!

A minor mistake, on mature recollection it was Jools, you are correct

Advertisement