Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accepting neighbour parcels.

Options
  • 06-05-2021 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

do u have to take in parcels for a neighbour as my door is knocked every day to take in parcels for them as there in work all the time and keep ordering stuff to be delivered if its not one company its another at christmas i had twelve parcels in the hall for them wen another courier knocked with another one i said i not taking in any more and showed him wat was in the hall his eyes nearly poped out he said he call back laughing now in stead of ringing the door bell they batter the glass in the door with another parcel am i obliged to take parcels in or can i say no i wonder?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭wench

do u have to take in parcels for a neighbour as my door is knocked every day to take in parcels for them as there in work all the time and keep ordering stuff to be delivered if its not one company its another at christmas i had twelve parcels in the hall for them wen another courier knocked with another one i said i not taking in any more and showed him wat was in the hall his eyes nearly poped out he said he call back laughing now in stead of ringing the door bell they batter the glass in the door with another parcel am i obliged to take parcels in or can i say no i wonder?

Of course you're not obliged, tell them no if it doesn't suit you.
    They'll get the message eventually.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Mod - Start new threads rather than re-opening 12 year old threads in future

• Registered Users Posts: 24,846 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I wouldn’t mind the odd time, but not regularly where there is a pile..if they are also being delivered by courier the intended recipient will be aware of the parcels eta... they just don’t care as they know you’ll sign.. fûck that, especially in a pandemic...I’m not going to be routinely opening my door to strangers and interacting with them for even a few seconds when I dont have to.

A neighbor of mine is a prominent journalist who has been working from home...she gets deliveries regularly and since covid I’ve been knocked on by couriers twice, no biggie but if it was twice a week.. nahhh forget it..

Sounds like they are taking the piss, they in fact are.... next time...tell the courier

“ sorry I’m not in a position to sign for these anymore, apologies “..

Up to the recipient to contact them and make sure they are in, in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Nope I don't think that's OK. I get tonnes of deliveries as I've a small business, the VERY occasional time I won't be home I'll knock into the neighbours and ask would they mind taking it for me. And then when the courier rings, I'll tell them which neighbour to knock into.

I'd be feckin mortified to go collecting a pile of parcels from the neighbours, if I hadn't even asked them in advance!! Common courtesy like.

Advertisement