Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DHL

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

So the company notified DHL they have a delivery to make, when DHL collect the item from them it will start updating on DHL's website. You should get it by mid next week so dont worry about it for now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Just an update - package I mentioned above never arrived, and info with that tracking number has never been updated.

I ended up contacting both Air Up and DHL, and it was one of those cases where they directly contradicted each other - Air Up said package had been handed over, and DHL said they never received it.

Air Up accepted my word on things though, and sent a new package, which arrived today. So I suppose it's all's well that ends well, even if there was extra hassle along the way.

Note to mods - apologies if necessary for having started a new thread with this instead of directly posting into the couriers sub-forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Sono

Have an item stuck in Dorsten Germany since the 9th with no update, normally quite fast so not sure what the issue is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Does anyone have any idea about how long DHL deliveries from the UK are taking at the moment?

The last update I have for my package is: 'Wednesday 09. August 2023 19:00 Local time THE SHIPMENT HAS LEFT ORIGIN COUNTRY United Kingdom - Ryton Gateway''

There is an An Post tracking number but that's just stating that a notification about my incoming item has been received from the sender. I'm starting to wonder if I should just have used Addresspal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Radiator3

My package is in the export parcel center in dorsten Germany for 20 days, it doesn't say it has any issue but I still haven't received it? Has anyone had this problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭freddyuk

DHL have tried to charge me an extra euro 5.00 via the IOSS scheme where all the costs are settled upfront. Do NOT pay DHL any extra fees for delivery. I spoke to my retailer and they got the fee cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭OrangeBadger

Hi everyone

I was sent a replacement Fitbit as my mother's had stopped working, it was only 2 months old, they sent a new one but it had a crack :(

Now they want me to send this one back to them through DHL and have sent me a prepaid label, but I have to drop it into their collection point in Dublin and I couldn't be arsed doing a 6 hour round trip to drop off this package,

Do ye think I could put the package inside another package and then post that to the DHL centre in Dublin and then they would open it and through it into the pile or would they just fcuk it into the bin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

I was in a similar boat with something about a year ago, where they sent me a pre-paid label but I was reluctant to make what would be a three- or four-hour round trip to Dublin for me.

DHL happened to be delivering something else to me the following day and I asked the driver for advice. He just took the parcel with him then and said he'd sort it out, and yes, the item ended up back where it was due all right.

If you can find a means of contacting a local driver or depot, wonder if they might do the same for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Conology

Hi

I returned an item recently.

The manufacturer gave me a DHL Label which I placed on the package & I handed it in to An Post.

I received a receipt which has a Long Number with Letters .

Unfortunately when I try to track the package using that number the system does not recognise it.

The DHL system says the Tracking number has only 10 Digits ( No letters).

The An Post tracking system doesn't recognise it either.

Any idea how I might track it.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭user302243

Does it start with JJD?

I've used that to track on anpost.com and https://www.dhl.de/de/privatkunden.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Conology

Yes - It does & I used it & it does show up. Thank you

Advertisement