Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A New SEHB?

Options
  • 17-07-2019 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭

Sorry, can't link at the moment but it seems that the cabinet has decided to effectively break up the HSE into regions. In some ways, the new set up will be a bit of a step back in time with the new configuration being a bit like the old South Eastern Health Board. Waterford is lumped in with the other South Eastern counties and is no longer part of the now defunct HSE South. So we'll be separated from Cork and my initial feeling is that this will be no bad thing. However, the new configuration is a little odd in that the borders of the new organisation will include parts of South County Dublin. So I'm not sure how that will work. It seems unlikely that the HQ will be based in Waterford. Perhaps Kilkenny is as good as we'll get.
    Will this reconfiguration improve things for the South East and UHW in particular? Thoughts anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Means nothing until we see the details,

Is there a buy out of management or a spread out of management? either way it's going to cost the taxpayer, but I'll reserve judgement until I see the details, after all it could just be re-arranging the deckchairs.

Advertisement