Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,528 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

GBX wrote: »
    Driving on the M8 to Cork and where it goes through Limerick for a short distance I was surprised to see on the "Welcome to Limerick" Sign "Ireland's Ancient East - Stretching it a bit no? Cork, fair enough stretches wide from Dursey Island to Youghal where thats almost Easterly but Limerick to me is a Western county - Wild Atlantic way more than Ireland's Ancient East :confused:

I know these invented regions were great for business from people too lazy to take out a map and look at it, but I find them annoying. It's not like they didn't exist beforehand, now its "wild Atlantic" this and that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I feel you Antares. We went through 8 different types of dry food before we found one they both liked. Once we bought 8kg of it, they're both indifferent and have happily scarfed up all the original dry food we had for them at the start. :rolleyes:

So glad it isn't just us. The only saving grace in this house is there are so many cats, if they don't eat fast they don't eat :D

The last time I'd a convalescing cat, we went through every (expensive) brand known to man, and she eventually decided that Lidl's finest Coshida stinky shîte for like 20c was what did it for her...

New Home wrote: »
    On the subject of cats that are picky eaters, if my kitten smells a food he doesn't like, he lets me know immediately - he tries to cover it up by scratching around the bowl like he does after he's used the kitty litter. :D

Thankfully his mother is more appreciative of my efforts, after all those tins and those bags don't open themselves.

I'd a cat once who used to suss out where the dried food was kept, and he'd punch a paw sized hole in the bottom and just go in and help himself a few times a day. We joked that if we ever went away, we'd just need to leave in a bag of dried food and the TV remote and he'd look after himself :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Antares35 wrote: »
    So glad it isn't just us. The only saving grace in this house is there are so many cats, if they don't eat fast they don't eat :D

The last time I'd a convalescing cat, we went through every (expensive) brand known to man, and she eventually decided that Lidl's finest Coshida stinky shîte for like 20c was what did it for her...

Cats are just awkward, we have one cat Jenny that's on royal canine for its kidneys and we get purina for the others. Jenny prefers the Purina and the other lot prefer hers.
    Problem with the cheap stuff is the resulting stinking farts. We have found our lot don't like the gravy, we rotate gormet, sheba felix and tesco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

spookwoman wrote: »
    Cats are just awkward, we have one cat Jenny that's on royal canine for its kidneys and we get purina for the others. Jenny prefers the Purina and the other lot prefer hers.
    Problem with the cheap stuff is the resulting stinking farts. We have found our lot don't like the gravy, we rotate gormet, sheba felix and tesco.

On the topic of cats, it's hairball season and as a preventative measure I am grooming my cat to remove the excess fur so she doesn't swallow it.
    I could have made another cat out of what came off her today alone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Aglomerado wrote: »
    On the topic of cats, it's hairball season and as a preventative measure I am grooming my cat to remove the excess fur so she doesn't swallow it.

OMG yes!!! I brushed our cat about 3 times over the weekend and the AMOUNT of hair that came off him was unreal. It just kept coming and coming. I'll have to keep at it. At least he seems to tolerate it much better than my last hairy cat. She hated being brushed but, for a shorthair, was the hairiest cat I've ever experienced in my life. Hairballs regularly and cat hair on everything. She's gone 7 months now and I'm convinced I'll be picking her hair out of my clothes for the rest of my life.

Women, and it's usually women, who go into their local supermarket, up market bar or wherever wearing ridiculous ill fitting g-string things only suitable for a beach or boudoir and go off crying sexism to their local rag when they get shown the door.

I'm sure if a man showed up in a Borat mankini he'd get the road as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Women, and it's usually women, who go into their local supermarket, up market bar or wherever wearing ridiculous ill fitting g-string things only suitable for a beach or boudoir and go off crying sexism to their local rag when they get shown the door.

I'm sure if a man showed up in a Borat mankini he'd get the road as well.

You are obviously not living in Ireland and don't get how scantily clad women is a TA :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

Belgium football team are going to kick the ball out of play in the 10th minute in respect for Christan Eriksen..seems stupid to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

Morning radio is just so awful.
    It truly is.
    All of the stations. Unfunny predictable sht hosts. Cheesy, terrible music. All of them.

And Im stuck with it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

85603 wrote: »
    It truly is.
    All of the stations. Unfunny predictable sht hosts. Cheesy, terrible music. All of them.

Better than the dross that passes for TV on virgin media, pure shyte

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

That girl that sings that drivers license song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

It truly is.

It is. I used to to enjoy Al Porter when he was on Today FM. Most daytime radio is pure drivel

I'm having two bridesmaids when I get married. 1 is in a different country and is very easy to sort out. She has her dress and is happy with it. We did a Skype call so I could have a look. I don't mind what shoes she wears but she still said she would show me the styles she comes across. It's been very easy with her on the organising front.

My 'maid of honour' is a different story. The few times I've asked her opinion of something she has an excuse why she can't answer right now. My heart is broke trying to find the right dress for her. I suggested we go to a few shops and asked when would suit. No joy. So I sent her a link to a website and asked her to pick any style in the colour I'm going for. No response.

I get that wedding talk isn't for everyone. I feel I'm being very patient though. Grand if she isn't making a nice fuss and suggesting things and showing an interest. But I need to get her a dress and after that all she has to do is turn up.

Sake. Last thing I want is to be a bridezilla but trying to handle her has me feeling like one.

The bridezilla has been awakened. RAAAAAWR!! :pac:

• Advertisement

The bridezilla has been awakened. RAAAAAWR!! :pac:

:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Diamonds, go out and buy the dress for her in the colour you want.
    Give it to her in plenty of time, even if you have to post it.
    If it needs adjustments, then she can find a dressmaker herself.
    I get that it must be stressful for you and so should she.

To thine own self be true

8 visits to the house by police since September 2018 , 8 breathalyser tests ( all 0%) and was just pulled over by police ! It seems (according to the officer) someone tried to stop me from driving, and when I didn't see them called 999.
    I don't give a sh1t, I'm not going to use my walking stick till its necessary as I've found you start to rely on it. I'm trying to put that day off for as long as I can !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Using the word "dropped" instead of release when announcing a new song or album. Where the hell did this sh*te come out of? Billy Bob dropped an album, makes FA sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭sporina

taxi drivers who don't indicate or drive like most others on the road.. grrr...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,831 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

4Ad wrote: »
    Belgium football team are going to kick the ball out of play in the 10th minute in respect for Christan Eriksen..seems stupid to me.

Q then this shît starting in every second or third match...” we will kick the ball out of play in the 15th minute to highlight the 1.5 million Africans who die every year from starvation “...

Give me a break, just play the fûcking match without this virtue signaling BS....have a tribute before, after or half time but fûck messing around in middle of a fûckin match ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

That girl that sings that drivers license song.

Hate that ****ing song

Bertie has been banished :(

The clock is moving too slow. I need it to get to three o'clock faster so my weekend can begin. Very trivial.

The masked dancer on itv.
    I got the premise of the masked singer but masked dancing ? Any excuse to get a few celebrities on tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

cj maxx wrote: »
    Any excuse to get a few celebrities on tv

very liberal use of the term

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Tomatoes in a toastie. They are like little heat bombs in there waiting the scald the mouth off you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I was out walking yesterday evening and three joggers jogging in a line together passed me by. First guy says hello and I gave kind of a breathy “hi” back. Second guy says hello and I gave a smile. Third guy says hello and I say “hello” back.
    Then I hear one of them shout “oh she’s too cool to say hello is she?”.. and they all laughed! These were like normal looking guys in their late 30s too. Who thinks that’s okay to shout at someone out walking on her own minding her own business, especially when I did fcuking say hello! Guarantee you if I was a man they wouldn’t have shouted that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

cj maxx wrote: »
    The masked dancer on itv.
    I got the premise of the masked singer but masked dancing ? Any excuse to get a few celebrities on tv

No show in the history of television is less deserving of a "spin-off" than that Masked Singer abomination. Don't get me started on the judges getting up clapping along to the "performance". Vomit inducing.

My TA: have been sick all week and out of work fighting off an infection and an abscess (interlinked). Thankfully almost fully recovered, but tomorrow I am being dragged in two directions by two different parties, and I am already stressing that even a small delay in the first event will mean I am late for the second event. So much for easing myself back into things.

I was out walking yesterday evening and three joggers jogging in a line together passed me by. First guy says hello and I gave kind of a breathy “hi” back. Second guy says hello and I gave a smile. Third guy says hello and I say “hello” back.
    Then I hear one of them shout “oh she’s too cool to say hello is she?”.. and they all laughed! These were like normal looking guys in their late 30s too. Who thinks that’s okay to shout at someone out walking on her own minding her own business, especially when I did fcuking say hello! Guarantee you if I was a man they wouldn’t have shouted that

Things like that would really get my goat. It probably was a bad attempt at flirting but executed pathetically.

• Advertisement

Pr*cks. Not to mind the fact that they clearly cant keep a safe distance jogging three abreast and spewing their exhaled air and saliva everywhere. I'd probably have run (waddled) after them to give them a good thwack of the closest stick I could find. But don't mind me, I'm less than tolerant these days.

TA my hand still hurts from my hastened efforts to roll down my driver window and give a middle fingered expletive to the moron who beeped me a few days ago :D And every time I do something like that I've to a) remind as yet unlicensed OH in the passenger seat not to do that in his test, and b) remind baby in her car seat not to do this ever.

2nd weekend in a row,being let down for something important

I almost never ask for help off anyone (payin this person)....im just sick sh1t of people treating me,like a joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Bathroom dominoes. You knock something over in the cabinet above the sink and half the contents of that shelf come piling down in to the sink.

Diamonds, go out and buy the dress for her in the colour you want.
    Give it to her in plenty of time, even if you have to post it.
    If it needs adjustments, then she can find a dressmaker herself.
    I get that it must be stressful for you and so should she.

Purple I feel like an awful eejit even being bothered by it. I wish I could tell her to look after her own dress and she can wear what she likes. So because that's not me I'm a bit embarrassed by being particular.

Also a close friend of mine has said she might not be able to come. I'm seriously considering paying her way just to have her there. No present or being all dolled up is required, just turn up and I'll find a bed for you.

Sure lookit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,546 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Full inboxes.

Ooooh, matron!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Purple I feel like an awful eejit even being bothered by it. I wish I could tell her to look after her own dress and she can wear what she likes. So because that's not me I'm a bit embarrassed by being particular.

Also a close friend of mine has said she might not be able to come. I'm seriously considering paying her way just to have her there. No present or being all dolled up is required, just turn up and I'll find a bed for you.

Sure lookit.

If you're friend can't put away a few euro every week to save up to go to your wedding, we'll that says volumes.
    If you've given her plenty of notice, there's no reason why she can't book a reasonably priced b+b and get her travel expenses sorted.
    Also, there's no need for women to spend a fortune getting dolled up. We all have dresses in our wardrobe and could make a good stab at our make up. She could time getting her hair cut the time of your wedding to avail of the blow dry.
    I definitely wouldn't offer to be paying her way.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Insurance companies making their disc's too big for the holder

If you're friend can't put away a few euro every week to save up to go to your wedding, we'll that says volumes.
    If you've given her plenty of notice, there's no reason why she can't book a reasonably priced b+b and get her travel expenses sorted.
    Also, there's no need for women to spend a fortune getting dolled up. We all have dresses in our wardrobe and could make a good stab at our make up. She could time getting her hair cut the time of your wedding to avail of the blow dry.
    I definitely wouldn't offer to be paying her way.

She will try and save, she did say she would. I know its difficult for her and I don't want to be unreasonable. The whole thing is just (I hate this word) triggering.

Wimmen eh :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

PsychoPete wrote: »

Not to mention calling something rectangular a disc :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement

Men. Who knows what goes on with them

PsychoPete wrote: »

Trying to tear out a disc, tax/test/insurance from the paper without ripping it is some dose. I swear it's getting harder to do these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭sporina

Dust!!! Jaysus I hate it! :mad::mad::mad:grrr... even in the car in the sunshine.. grrrr...:mad::mad::mad:
    If I ever win the lotto I am getting a full time cleaner esp for dusting.. (I am v neat and clean but the stuff just seems to emerge by the hour)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Aglomerado wrote: »

tn5whot59y.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Watching a film on Netflix OK it is not the greatest film dialogue a bit clunky - it is only at set up stage. At the start the premise of it, and little bit of main character background. Grand, but of the four characters so far seen on screen male and female all would be classed as good looking. A few of them superstars which does not help either.

Wouldn't you think they would throw in an average looking person just to help with the realism?

Basically my TA is a load of good looking people in films it immediately makes it unreal and hard to get immersed in it. Because then I know I am watching a film.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,831 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Men. Who knows what goes on with them

I’m thinking about joining these two for chess games..

205899-Funny-Monkey-Gif.gif

• Advertisement

Strumms wrote: »
    I’m thinking about joining these two for chess games..

205899-Funny-Monkey-Gif.gif

That makes more sense than what I deal with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭Be right back

The crows are extremely loud this morning!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭Poochie05

The crows are extremely loud this morning!!

I’ll see your crows and raise you pigeons! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Poochie05 wrote: »
    I’ll see your crows and raise you pigeons! :pac:

woohoowoo , woohoowoo, woohooowooo all bloody morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Magpies are objectively the worst.

So rollerskates are the new thing among the kids in my estate. The boys in particular are a) really, really bad and b) utterly fearless. It's only a matter of time before I'm giving evidence in the Coroner's Court.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement