Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Father’s Figures Day/Father Figures’ Day

Comments

Meh. Nothing stopping anyone from celebrating under the original fathers day.

For my part, I see no reason for it to be changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Kindly f*ck off Stefanie, you attention seeker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Crosby Deep Rattan

Kindly f*ck off Stefanie, you attention seeker.

why didnt she come out with Mother figures/birth givers day on mothers day...of feck off you aldi version of Louise O'Neill/Una Mullaly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tjhook

She's free to celebrate "Father figure's day" if she likes, more power to her. In fact, my father gets a "Grandfather" card on Fathers' Day.

My family will continue to celebrate Fathers' Day, and won't be made to feel guilty for doing so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,020 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

She really makes it so hard to like her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

PsychoPete wrote: »
    She really makes it so hard to like her

I've never heard of her but after reading that I can't help but agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

The people who get Mothers and Father’s Day cards from me aren’t my parents so I like the concept of broadening the day to include parental figures but we don’t need to change the name of either day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,672 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Another woke idiot with too much time on her hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭Rket4000

tjhook wrote: »
    She's free to celebrate "Father figure's day" if she likes, more power to her. In fact, my father gets a "Grandfather" card on Fathers' Day.

My family will continue to celebrate Fathers' Day, and won't be made to feel guilty for doing so.

Anyone is free to celebrate whoever they think is worthy of celebrating. Card stockists have cards for Dad, daddy, father, stepfather, godfather, grandfather. There are also more generic cards so if there's someone that doesn't fit the ones above you can buy a generic card and write a genuine message to the recipient as to why the sender thinks they deserve recognition. Sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I will be your father figure
    (Oh baby)
    Put your tiny hand in mine
    (I'd love to)
    I will be your preacher teacher
    (Be your daddy)
    Anything you have in mind
    (It would make me)
    I will be your father figure
    (Very happy)
    I have had enough of crime
    (Please let me)
    I will be the one who loves you
    'Til the end of time

Wouldn’t be at all creepy sending that to someone in a card.

• Advertisement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwulM1sTrxc&ab_channel=RyanReynolds

Gotta love the irony that an attempt to be more inclusive by including more genders and identities in the idea of "Fathers Day" is actually perpetuating the problem by subscribing to the notion that there are "male" and "father" and other such role models to laud in the first place.

The solution to the woke generation is not to find new and inventive ways to fit more and more people into the tiny little narrative boxes society has.

The solution is to bust open the boxes and point out they should not have been there in the first place :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,807 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

By suggesting that "fathers' day" isn't inclusive, isn't she been non-inclusive to the father figures that are already celebrated?

Happy Fathers day.

I know it's a bit gimmicky/ commercial nonsense but I gotta admit I enjoyed the coffee in bed, unneeded presents & over the top cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭bogwarrior

Happy father's Day to all the Dad's out there. **** the begrudgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dorothylives

Is there a competition between the female 'journalists' in the Indo on who can write the wokest most attention seeking drivel on a weekly basis?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Another special day I have never understood. Each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

try carrying out some real journalism. a waste of the very paper it is written on. editor needs to be performance managed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I got two Happy (God)Father's Day cards yesterday. I'd prefer not to receive them but if it makes the senders happy, I'm not overly bothered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Yesterday happened to also be my twin daughters' 9th birthday. One of them drew a card with nice bird and a wolf, and inside it said "Happy fathers day and happy birthday to me". The other twin wrote the sober but sincere message "Thanks for your support and loving care". Their older sister (13) presented me with a card she made that simply said "Happy Birthday" on the front. She also gave me a biscuit from the press in the kitchen.

It's the thought that counts, even when their thoughts make no sense.

Was the "Happy birthday card" even for you???🤣

• Advertisement
Advertisement